Tuesday, April 29, 2008

How I Met My Honey

I stumbled upon this today in random, and at the spur of the moment decided to participate. Today, we are supposed to post stories about how we met our darling husbands - obviously. :) Check out Ramblings by Reba for more stories.

So... here is our story, some parts I have mentioned before, and since most of my readers are family members, you already know this, but here we go...

I met Ray when we were kids. We lived in a VERY small town, and his family moved there when we were in 5th grade. He was in my class. That was it for a long time, since we were like 10 years old.

Our last names started with the same letter, so every year, we always had neighboring lockers at school. Ray turned out to be the funny guy - everyone liked him, he was friends with everyone. I did have a crush on him our freshman year, but then we both ended up dating other people over the years.

Fast forward to the end of our senior year - Senior prom was 3 weeks away, and I had no date, which in my tiny school (seriously, we had 69 graduating seniors in our class) that was unacceptable. The problem was, everyone else already had a date, because prom was only 3 weeks away. Ray was the only guy we knew who had no date, since he and his former girlfriend had split a while back, although guess that they were still kind of together. Anyways, my friend Mandy said to him one day at our lockers that he needed to take me to prom. And that was it. Later that afternoon, he asked me if I seriously wanted him to take me to prom, which I did, and he was SO sweet about it.

Over the next couple of weeks, I developed a crazy mad crush on him, simply because he was really excited about going to prom with me. We talked a lot about our prom plans, where we were going to dinner, and it was so much fun - we were already friends and had known each other for years, so it was easy.

Really, the rest is history. Prom was AWESOME, and after that we were inseparable. We graduated from high school, got engaged, got married at age 20 while going to college, and here we are 10 years later - and all is GREAT! The end. :)


Me and my Raymie
Prom, 1998

18 comments:

Jackie said...

aww you met when you were kids! how sweet :)

Kat said...

Awww. High school sweethearts. How romantic!

Anonymous said...

That was a sweet, romantic story! Thanks for sharing!

Andrea said...

What a great story! I love reading other people's stories about how they got together. :) You make the cutest couple too!

moo said...

oh, high school sweethearts! How adorable!

Love the photo!

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

Oh I loved your 'story of us'. How ROMANTIC!

junglemama said...

How romantic!

Amy said...

Love that you were high school sweethearts and that it worked out!

Anonymous said...

Such a sweet story!!

Kate said...

Don't get mad at me, but Jessy was the ex-girlfriend, right? I only suspect this b/c I couple of months ago I talked to her on the phone (very random, I usually only talk to Nikki) and I told her I talked to you and she was like "oh, so she married Ray?" and then indicated something about how she had no prom date...so i'm putting two and two together.

You guys are the best couple!!!

Missy said...

lol Kate - I am not mad! since you asked, I actually was not referring to Jessy - from what I understand, that happened Junior year, but Ray says that they were never "dating" - maybe Jessy didn't see it that way. I know that Ray ended up taking a friend of ours to Junior prom, just as a friend. I only know Ray's side of the story though. :)

Sherry at the Zoo said...

That is such a sweet story! Love, love, love stories!

Beth from the Funny Farm said...

I love this story!

Rebecca (Ramblings by Reba) said...

Awwwww... great story! Thanks for participating! :) And join us for the wedding carnival on May 19. (Please?)

kim said...

Awww...what a sweet story!

Anonymous said...

Awww that's a sweet start.

Anonymous said...

Holy cow... has it been 10 years already? Damn, we ARE getting old!

We miss you guys!

Jodi said...

I LOVE stories about how people met! This one is one of the best...it's just so sweet! And the picture of you two at prom is wonderful!