
I am a big fan of the show Jon and Kate Plus 8, on TLC. And even though Ray wouldn't admit it, he really likes the show too, and we always record the show and watch it together. If you aren't familiar with the show, the Gosselin family has 8 kids, 7 year old twins, and 3 year old sextuplets. Obviously they have a crazy busy life, and Ray and I enjoy watching, knowing that our life is a piece of cake compared to what they do every day!
Anyway, I was checking out their website a few months back and noticed that they were going to be speaking at a church about 2 hours from here, and it was open to the public. So, I got tickets for Ray and me - and that is where we went today! It was a fun time - I am a dork and was excited to see these two people who I watch on TV all the time in real life. They have an amazing story and they talked about a lot of things that aren't in the show. They are a strong Christian family and they talked about their faith and how much God has blessed them over the years - and they have had some very tough times! It was a good time for Ray and me, not only because we got to see Jon and Kate in person, but we had a few hours to ourselves!
My only complaint for the day was that the church was not very big, and of course it was very crowded, making it difficult to see. So although I did see Jon and Kate in person, we were pretty far back. And we opted not to wait in the LONG line after the event to see them up close or get an autograph. I am a fan, but not a crazy fan - some of the people there were hilarious! During the question and answer time at the end, a few women stood up and said really intelligent things like "Hi Kate! I am a huge fan!" and "I am crazy about hand sanitizer too, so I am just like you!". Um, yeah. Good to know there are bigger dorks than me out there. :)
On a different note, I have decided to delete my post I wrote a couple of days ago about CrazyMom and what names our kids call adults. A lot of people who know me in real life read my blog, and although CrazyMom drives me bananas, I don't want her to read that post. I do appreciate all of your comments, and I do plan on sticking with "Miss Missy", not "Mrs. Tunu" for now!


7 comments:
I like that show too! I wouldn't have been a crazy fan either.
Have a wonderful weekend! :-)
I'm trying to get caught up on all my favorite blogs to read.
We watch the show too! Hubbie wouldn't admit it either, but he likes it also. I looked at their website a few weeks ago and I think they were gonna be in the Columbia/ Greenville area sometime. I thought about going, but its a 3 hr drive and we'd have to take Peanut. Maybe next time. Some of the things Kate does annoys me, but I don't know how I would be in that type of situation, so I can't really judge! I am anal and uptight, so its funny when she does something and Hubbie and I look at each other and laugh! Have a great weekend!
I'm a big fan of Jon and Kate, too... It amazes me how she keeps it all together... she is Super Mom!
I AM SO JEALOUS! I love love love Kate and the show. Did you take any shots?
I forgot my camera. I was so mad at myself.
But if I hadn't, I wouldn't be able to make fun of all those crazy fans who were crazily jumping around the place trying to get a decent shot. ;)
I would have loved to see Jon and Kate! How cool!
regarding formal titles ...
when I was growing up, all my friends' parents were Mr. and Mrs. Lastname. I NEVER called them by their first name (and had a LOT of trouble transitioning to calling my MIL by her first name).
But all my son's friend's moms and dads are called Mr. and Mrs. Firstname. Perhaps is a cultural shift? And I'm not sure how I feel about it or when to make the shift, either.
Late to the party, but wanted to chime in anyway!
Post a Comment