Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Pumpkin Patch

So, I haven't blogged in a week. I don't really have a reason, other than I was feeling lazy, fighting off a cold, and enjoying the lovely cool fall weather. Plus I am addicted to Facebook right now, so all of my computer time has been wasted there.

Anyways, this evening we went to a pumpkin patch with the kids, one of my favorite fall activities. Pooky has been very into pumpkins this year. Every time he sees one, he gets very excited (and this happens several times a day, since pumpkins are everywhere right now!) and starts yelling "Poppy! Poppy! Look Mommy, poppy!" (poppy = pumpkin, for those of you that don't speak Pook-ese). So, the pumpkin patch was incredibly exciting - it was so funny watching him running around, from pumpkin to pumpkin, getting more and more excited, yelling about "poppies" the whole time we were there. And of course, Emmy was fun too, trying to pick out the perfect pumpkin.



I love pumpkins!













Me and my favorite girl













Picking out the perfect pumpkin













"Poppy Mommy!"













My pretty girl













"More poppies!"

12 comments:

Amanda-The Family News! said...

Scary - I think Avery and Pooky were separated at birth...
Avery is ALL about the pumpkins (punkies) right now...when we get in the car he thinks we are always on our way to the "punkie patch"

Mandy said...

That looks fun!! :)

Dana said...

i'm going pumpkin picking Friday and i can't wait!!


looks like the kids had fun!!

Anonymous said...

Yay! I was waiting for you to blog again! Looks like you all had fun!

On a different note, I have noticed that I have an increasing facebook addiction. I think I was on there most of the day today. You know, cause it's gonna take me a long time to catch up to you in hatchlings...lol. :)

Anonymous said...

Aww looks like you guys had a great time. :) I love that last one of Pook. haha You can see the excitement.

I've given you an award over at my place.

Anonymous said...

there is something about pumpkin patch pictures that is so awesome. Everyone looks like they had so much fun!!

Kate said...

Pooky is getting huge! Glad you guys had so much fun.

Anna said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! Your kids are adorable.

Danielle said...

cute! Isn't it so much fun. I have been doing my best to enjoy the fall weather too. I dread winter.

Anonymous said...

Looks like you guys had a GREAT time...I hope we'll get to go the pumpkin patch this weekend!

Hyperactive Lu said...

Looks like so much fun! Loved all the pictures! You got some great ones!

Sherry at the Zoo said...

Ah...how cute! Pumpkin memories are the best, aren't they?