Friday, December 19, 2008

One Week 'Til Christmas....















And this is what the temperature was outside here today. I am really not complaining, or bragging, since my friends in the north are freezing cold and buried in snow. But... it doesn't feel like Christmas when it is almost 80 degrees (which is way warmer than normal for us), and it has been this way all week.

Although.... given the choice of this or the weather in Michigan right now, I choose this. ;)

*******************************************************
It has been a busy week! I baked a lot of cookies, wrapped a lot of gifts, ran a lot of errands, took the kids to our play group's Christmas party....

*******************************************************
My little elf, aka Emmy, has been stealing scraps of wrapping paper all week. Then I find presents like this under the Christmas tree.
So far, there are about 5 beautifully wrapped Emmy gifts under the tree, with tags that say they are for me or Ray. I peeked at one, and it was a magnet from the fridge. Not sure what the other ones are, and I haven't noticed anything else missing yet, so that should be fun Christmas morning...
***********************************************
I am looking for a job again. I have not been doing anything at all since about August, when we thought that we were moving to Chicago. Up until that point I was still watching Baby R full time, but her mom had made other arrangements for her since we were going to be leaving. But we didn't end up moving. And now I am really poor and need a job.
I am contemplating finding a new day care client, which I may still do, but I do have a job interview lined up for Monday, so we'll see how that goes. My problem with getting a job is my availability - I can't be there until 5:30 pm during the week, since I have to wait for Ray to get home to watch the kids. So, not sure how the availability will play out at the interview Monday, so I will keep you posted. Cross your fingers for me, because if it works out I will be super excited.
************************************************
Also this week, Ray and I celebrated our 9 year wedding anniversary. I love you Sweetie! And many more years to come....

Have a great weekend!

9 comments:

Amanda-The Family News! said...

Oh yea - i thought the same thing about the weather!!!
Good luck with the job hunting....And that is sweet about Emmy wrapping!

photomommy said...

Way to rub it in that you've got great weather and we've got crap. Kidding! I should be used to it by now.

That is soooo cute how Emmy's wrapping her own gifts. :)

Good luck with the interview! I'll cross my fingers for you!

Anonymous said...

That present is just the cutest thing. What a sweet girl!

And I can't even remember what 80 degrees feels like. We are getting burried up here in Boston.

Alicia W. said...

From another Carolina girl - I wore flip flops today!! WHO does that in DECEMBER!! We do! :o)

Kate said...

The Emmy presents are adorable! I also wish you luck on your interview and congratulations on your anniversary.

Kirsetin Morello said...

9 years - congratulations! I'm so glad you appreciate your warm weather - we got about 10 inches of snow Friday & are expecting 6 more tonight! I know what you mean though - it's cold, but it definitely looks like Christmas around here.

Good luck with your interview!

Susie said...

Good luck with your job interview! That must be so hard trying to find what fits in your schedule--plus it sounds like you aren't exactly bored with nothing to do right?
Hey, if you get an insurance license you can work from home after your hubby gets home, and you won't have to do much other than make some phone calls and work on your computer. Email me if you are interested, K?

Well, good luck w/ everything and have a great time on Christmas morning opening the mystery presents! That sounds like TONS of fun!

Jodi said...

Ten degrees here this morning!
Aaaahhh!

Paul and I decided that if the gas prices got down below $1.25 before Christmas, we would go somewhere warm--doesn't look like that will be happening. The kids are happy about that.

Are you at all musical?
I've often thought that Kindermusik would be a really fun job.

Enjoy the week!
:)Jodi

Dana said...

i love that Emmy nwrapped those gifts.. that is too cute!! i would be looking forward to seeing the other ones chrisrtmas morning!!