Wednesday, December 10, 2008

What's on my Tree Wednesday

I have been sick the past 3 days, a killer sore throat, fever, chills, aches, etc. I am miserable. Just throwing that out there so y'all will feel sorry for me. Blah.

What's On My Tree Wednesdays

This week's entry for "What's on My Tree Wednesday" is this lovely specimen.









Ray's sister, Stevie, had several years in which she was notorious for giving, well, not-so-great Christmas gifts to her brother. One year for Christmas, she gave him a bottle of bubble bath that had a warning label that said not to let it touch your skin. And never mind the fact that Ray doesn't even take baths. Another year the gift was a girl's brown hat. From what I understand, everyone else would get "nice" gifts but Ray was always last on her list and she normally had about 73 cents left to spend. I think the crazy gifts are hilarious.

This ornament was one of those wonderful Stevie gifts from 1993. It always makes me laugh. For one thing, it is kinda ugly. It says "Dunk It". Who says that? Secondly, Ray did not even play basketball. LOL.

Here is a view from the back.








But, we hang it on our tree every year. It is a part of Christmas now.

BTW, Stevie's gifts have improved tremendously over the years, probably due to the fact that she is grown and has an income now. :)

But it is the season of giving. And we are very appreciative of Stevie, bad gifts and all!

"What's on my Tree Wednesday" is held by Katie at This Crazy Life. Go check it out, and join in!

P.S. I don't know why my text colors are all crazy. Some sentances are in blue, others in black. I can't fix it. I don't really care today.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

*LOL* Too funny about Stevie and her gifts. That ornament is a treasure for sure. ;)

trudesign said...

Hahaha, I love that gift. What the hell was I thinking?! It's true, Ray was the last on my list at that point, he was hard to buy for, for me.

For the rest of my life, he is 1st on my list and I try my hardest to be extremely thoughtful for his gifts, well everyone's for that matter. Netflix for his bday isn't a bad gift, now is it?! :)

trudesign said...

PS - Missy I hope you feel better soon!!!

KoernerVille said...

You have more than made up for it now... It sure is funny looking back, like remember that dumb stick figure you got me from Mexico, while everyone else got cool stuff like a blanket and a guitar... HAHAHA

trudesign said...

HAHAHA, I should have given you the guitar! Man, I guess I was making up for all the times you beat me up and smashed my face in! ;)

KoernerVille said...

No you deserved those beat downs.

Kameron said...

I hear you on the sick front. My little one is misearable right now, which means no sleep or peace for mommy wither. I feel it coming on and hope it isn't as bad as he's got it! i think that ornament is so funny. There are some random ones out there. I mean, who says "dunk it"??? :o)

Izzy, Emmy 'N Alexander said...

So funny! Who does say Dunk It?! I hope you are feeling better soon.

Hyperactive Lu said...

How funny! I think about the gifts I use to give when I didn't have any money....ha! I wrapped batteries one year!

Dana said...

OH NO!!! i hope you feel better soon!!!

Kirsetin Morello said...

Sorry to hear you're not feeling well. Pretty good post for being under the weather! I'd probably have thrown up the picture and just crawled back in bed. Hope you feel better soon.

Ashlee said...

you are hilarious! Was Dunk it a catch phrase in the 90's? If so, I don't remember it!

Hope you feel better soon!

Jill from Killeny Glen said...

Hope you are feeling better.
I am visiting "what's on your tree wednesday" as it is so much fun.
I just may have to join in!

Danielle said...

I am lovin the crazy gifts. That is hysterical! and I bet you rememebr them more than some of the good gifts. I hope you feel better soon!

Amanda-The Family News! said...

Funny!!!

I hope you start feeling better soon!!!

Katie@ThisCrazyLife said...

That is so funny, hey it is the thought that counts right? Thanks for participating, I love seeing what everyone Christmas memories are!

Momma@Live. Laugh. Pull your hair out said...

Get well soon......