I opened her shade, turned off the lamp, and watched her little nose squish against the window, looking for a star in the dark sky.
She found her star, and recited "Star light, star bright, first star I see tonight," then asked me to make a wish first.
I said, "I wish for Emmy, Daddy, Pooky, and me to be together forever, and always happy. What do you wish for?"
She squeezed her eyes shut and thought about it for a minute, and recited the rhyme a few more times. "I wish for..... a new stuffed animal. And a jack-in-the-box."
I love the way her innocent mind works.
(photo edited by my rock star husband. Thanks, Baby)


10 comments:
She's too sweet for words!
Cute pic!!!! Oh it must be in the SC air tonight that the little ones keep finding reasons to get back up....Avery was doing the SAME thing!!!
That is sooo sweet! AND what a gorgeous photo!
awww, that brought tears to my eyes!! What a sweet sweet thing. Beautiful pic too by the way! :o)
Aww! So cute. Great picture too!
What an adorable picture!
That is a beautiful picture and a beautiful story!!!
Oh how sweet!! I just love that photo!
Awww beautiful.
Ok - this one made me cry - I love your stories, Missy! and the photo is awesome - have taken it for my background. LYL Wama Tunu
Post a Comment