I received a catalog last week selling baby gear. Now, there were some neat things in the catalog that I might consider if they weren't so freakin expensive, but there were many, many items, that were ridiculously stupid and useless. And I couldn't help but post this, because they were so useless...
A helmet. Now I know that some babies do wear a helmet, but it is because they have a flat head or other health reasons, and please note that I am NOT making fun of those kids.
But....Why would anyone chose to put a helmet on their kid just in case they fall while learning to walk?? Falling is part of learning to walk, and I cannot imagine strapping a helmet on my kid every day just in case he bumps his head. This is a bit extreme.
A Wee Block. Seriously?? You can buy this funny cup thing to place over your little boy during diaper changes for you don't get squirted. And it come in 2 cute designs. One says "Lil Squirt" and the other one says "Wee Wee Man".
Can't you just use a diaper or rag or something??
Now, does anyone else think that these are a bit ridiculous?
BTW, we are potty training again today. It is 10:45 and I am about to pull my hair out. :)




5 comments:
People will market anything that has even the slightest appeal to anyone...believe me, that's 6 years of retail talking.
As far as the potty training goes, it's gonna be tough, but stick with it...she'll do it eventually. We are in month 4 now and we have hit a plateau...(mind you, we are in a different situations and it may not take her that long)...try the best you can to get her on a schedule of some sort. I try to get Taylor to use the potty at least every hour(sometimes less if she's had stuff to drink). Consistency is the key! Good Luck!
Now...I seriously wanted a wee block thing because my guy sprays eveytime I change his diaper. I didnt get one but I would stll like one since I just use a socks but it doesnt do the job very well. Its nice to have somethng to cover it when you are scrubbing all the poop off the booty so you dont end up with a bigger mess. Now the helmet ting is the dumbest thing I have ever seen in my life and it looks even stupidier. Geez.
Maybe I haven't been peed on enough to see the value of the Wee Blocker thing - it has only happened once so far and it wasn't much. I had never heard of such a product until I saw this one in the catalog. It does amuse me though.... :)
I seemed to make it through 2 boys without too much distress, so I agree both things are pretty silly.
The one thing I learned with potty training Steven, patience is the key. I know easier said than done. He knew exactly what to do, it was just a matter of wanting to, or taking the time to do it. He just decided one day that he was done with diapers and has been doing great since.
yeah...I must have pushed a wrong button or something...the "anonymous" comment is actually mine. I'm such a dork.
:)
Post a Comment