Thursday, January 18, 2007

The Adventures in Potty-Training Continue...

So, I am a bit frustrated with this whole potty training thing. Emmy still will not tell me when she has to go, and of course if I ask her, she says "no". If I take her every hour or so, she will almost always go without much convincing, but if I don't take her, she will just go in her pull-up.
So today, I had her in regular panties, and she was wearing her new cowgirl boots that Ray's cousin Libby had sent her. Emmy was in the kitchen, and says to me, "My boots are wet!". I look up, and she is standing in a big puddle of her own pee, stamping her boots around. Gross. I had to strip her down and take her directly to the bath, while Luke was crying, and I was trying to get dinner ready.... ugh...
Now what? Should I be doing something different? How do I get her to tell me? We talk about it all the time, and I ask her all the time, but it isn't working.

On a different subject, Luke had his 2 month well-baby check-up yesterday. He is now 11 lbs 6 oz. Crazy big - although the doctor said he was about average. He got 4 shots, plus a new oral vaccine for Rotovirus. Poor kid. He has been a bit fussy since then. He has been doing great though - normally a lot less fussy, and he is sleeping really good at night - usually about 5-6 hours before waking to nurse. Yay!

Still on Weight Watchers. Still hungry.

1 comment:

photomommy said...

I am sorry your having a rough time with Emmy...you've got to give her some time to adjust...she's been "going" in a diaper/pull up all her life, and it's a big adjustment. She will start telling you when she's ready. She's still young yet, I didn't have Aaron trained until he was almost 3 1/2. Not because I didn't try earlier (Lord knows I did)it's like it all of a sudden "clicked" with him and he started doing it on his own. Oh, and don't freak because I said 3 1/2...girls usually train faster than boys...

Luke is getting so big! He's so cute, too! Glad he's doing so well!