Friday, March 02, 2007

Don't They Know Better?

A few weeks ago, I parked next to a car at the grocery store, and noticed that there was an infant car seat strapped in the front seat. Then today, I saw a baby who couldn't be more that 4-5 months old facing forward instead of backwards (but at least he was in the backseat of the car!).
What is wrong with people? Everyone knows that all babies under age 1 or up to 20 pounds (I think that it's 20) should be in a rear-facing car seat, in the back seat of the car. This sort of thing is drilled into your head while you are pregnant and shortly after, along with things like never let the baby sleep on his stomach and don't smoke around your baby, right??
Well, that is just my rant for the day. Maybe there really are people out there who don't know these things, or they just choose not to follow the "rules".
Happy Friday everyone!

Oh, thanks for the advice and comments on my last potty training post. After coming to the conclusion that Emmy may take a few more months to be out of diapers, and deciding not to stress about it, she started using the potty again. We are on day 3 that she has stayed mostly dry, with just 1 accident this afternoon, and a couple during her naps. YAY!

2 comments:

photomommy said...

I saw the abosolute worst thing last Friday night on the way to dinner. We were on Westnedge,in the left hand lane when I noticed a car passing us on the right. The woman in the front passenger seat was HOLDING a little one that had to be younger than Emma. I felt sick to my stomach after seeing that. What's even worse is that there was a carseat in the back!

KoernerVille said...

You mean kids are suppose to go in car seats? I let Emmy sit in the front seat and sometimes even drive. Is that a bad thing? She is a better driver than her Mom...