Emmy is very interested in maps and how to get places. She will often draw me a map to follow if she knows we are driving somewhere, or while driving she will asks questions like "How long will it take us to get there?" and "Are you sure this is the right way to Grandma's?" (she is a great backseat driver!).
Lately she has been noticing the turn signal arrow that blinks on the dashboard - maybe she is finally tall enough to see it. We were driving to play group last week, and I asked her which was we should turn. Her response - "Oh, just follow the blinkers. They will tell you which way to go." As if the blinkers come on all by themselves and point me in the right direction.
Then today, on the way home, she saw our turn coming up ahead, and yelled, "Go that way!". I obliged and hit the turn signal, and she gasped. "How did the blinkers hear me? I said to turn and then the blinker did too!"
Oh, she is a funny kid. I laughed, then attempted to explain that I was the one who turned the blinker on, that the car did not drive itself. I don't think she cared to know, but the idea of magic blinkers made my day.
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


10 comments:
Oh that is cute!!! I love the way their minds work!!!!
She has got such a great imagination! I love it!
I really like that story. She always has something cute to say!
Oh and thanks for the award!
Very cute!!
Dearest Missy -
I soooooo LOVE and ENJOY your blog! You are a very creative and wonderful storyteller! Your entries make my day and help me feel more in touch. THANK YOU!!! I LOVE YOU :):):):) Kisses & Hugs to my sweetheart and little bud! Wama Tunu
haha If she likes maps and blinkers she will go bonkers for a GPS! Now you know what to get her for a present. A Tom Tom!
How cute is that? :)
aren't kids just the greatest?
That is a sweet story. She's too cute. K-Girl likes to repeat the GPS when we are heading somewhere using it. "TURN LEFT, MOMMA!!" "Thanks, Sweetie. I wasn't sure that I heard that correctly."
That's funny. The way kids' minds work. crazy.
Post a Comment