Friday, September 05, 2008

Randomness

So... my laptop is still broken. I am hoping that my darling computer-geek-of-a-husband can figure out how to fix it for me. I am still using his laptop, which is okay, but I miss mine...

Anyways, remember how a couple of months ago, Emmy's poor little face swelled all up because of mosquito bites?? Well, it happened to me yesterday - I woke up with a puffy eyelid. I had been outside the evening before and the mosquitoes were crazy bad. Lucky for me, I don't react quite as badly as Emmy does, so my swelling was completely gone after a few hours (Emmy's lasted for a couple of days). Ray had a good laugh, because I looked like a goober. I guess that is what I get for taking pictures and secretly giggling at Emmy's pitiful swollen face. Karma.

I am on a job hunt again. After we had decided to move to Chicago, Baby R's mom started looking for new daycare, and was lucky to find a place fairly quickly - so I don't have Baby R anymore, which is okay with me - it is nice just having my 2 again all day long. I don't think that I want to do daycare again right now, but I am looking at possibly waiting tables again a couple of nights a week for some extra cash. Wish me luck with the search!

And finally, from yesterday - Emmy walked in to find me applying deodorant. She asked me what I was doing and I explained that grown ups use deodorant to prevent stinky armpits. :)
She looked very concerned and asked if it hurt, and I told her no. Then she said, "Well, I am not going to do that when I get bigger." Hmmmm, we'll see about that!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, no photos of your swelled up face?? I see how it is.

The deodorant thing is so funny. Emma loves to wear deodorant. She tells me that she doesn't like to stink (but won't poo in the potty...go figure)so she "needs" deodorant.

Amanda-The Family News! said...

We were out side yesterday and I noticed the mosquitos were pretty bad. I was trying to keep them off of Avery, but he ended up with a bite on his arm anyway. At least it doesn't look like his head did the other week.

And the deodorant, Avery picks mine up and acts like he is putting it on...it's so funny. I will have to get a pic of that! Funny thing is he makes sure to get both armpits and has THE most serious look on his face when he does it!

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the job search! Hope it works out for you. :)

Kmommy said...

Good luck!!
I heard the strangest thing, well I guess it makes sense, but the mosquitoes are just different enough in different locations, that if you move someplace new you may have a reaction to the mosquitoes there. I had/have horrible reactions to the mosquitoes here in Wisconsin! My hubby had reactions to the ones in Iowa!

Dana said...

that is so funny emmy asked if "it hurt." Too cute.. I love that kids are soo innocent...

PS - sorry that your laptop is stillll broken - i know, it sucks!

Happy friday!

Andrea said...

haha...that deoderant story is TOO funny! :)

And good luck with the job search...I hope you find something quickly...and something you'll enjoy too!

Kirsetin Morello said...

Hmmm, I'm with you...bet she'll change her mind later. Although, have to say, my 12 yr-old boy isn't that worried about it yet...

Anonymous said...

May your daughter not be stinky. *L*

And good luck on the job search. I'm looking for a few applications to get something part time as well. I can't wait till this economy finally starts looking up again. I pray it's sooner than later.

Anna said...

Good luck with the job hunt! I hope you find something soon!

PS...That story about Emmy is SO cute!