Thursday, September 18, 2008

My New Best Friend

My new vacuum arrived yesterday....

I love it.

Emmy really likes it too for some reason.

Yes, I realize it is a bit sad to get so excited about a vacuum, but when you stay at home with 2 little tornadoes and are constantly cleaning and vacuuming the carpet, a nice, new shiny, PINK vacuum just makes your day.

So, the pink Dyson is my new best friend.

I vacuumed the entire house yesterday, twice. Even the stairs.

I was amazed at all the fuzz and dirt it picked up, especially the first time around. Ewww.....

If anyone is looking for a new vacuum and can't afford a $400-500 new Dyson, check out Amazon for the refurbished models like mine - it looks and works like brand new and you can't beat the price...

If I don't post again for the next several days, it is because I am busy vacuuming.
**********************************************************
Pooky has some pukey-illness last night and today. Poor little guy! I am desperately hoping he makes a rapid recovery and does make the rest of us sick, because my very favorite Tot Trade is this weekend, and some great neighborhood garage sales are going on as well... I've got some shopping to do!

And it is currently 10:35 pm, and Emmy is still up. She has gotten out of bed about 10 times now and will NOT go to sleep.... ugh.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for getting a Dyson! It won't get old seeing all the funk that it will pick up. I love mine!

Hope Pook is feeling better.

Anonymous said...

You know, I am not a pink person, but I really like your pink Dyson! Is it funny that we get excited about household appliances? Or is it sad??

Dana said...

it is soooo cute! I want one - way to make cleaning fun!

Anna said...

I want that vacuum!!

Kmommy said...

That vacuum looks soooo cool!! I need a new one... mine is smelling like burning rubber and hair. Nothing like having the living room smell worse after a vacuum. I'd rather it smell like dog ;) I'll totally be checking out Amazon! I so don't blame you for being excited! I would be too! :)
Ugh, and the going to sleep thing and having the child stay in the room... my little D comes running out several times a night too. frustrating!

kim said...

I love my Dyson, too. Isn't it an amazing vacuum?
Hope Pookey's feeling better soon.

Jodi said...

I totally have vacuum envy!

We just borrowed my brother-in-law's carpet cleaner--I can't believe how dirty everything was! I've even gone over a couple of the carpets twice--I'm a little OCD.

Anyway, I am totally wow'd by your Pink Dyson!

Congratulations!

Life As I Know It said...

I came very close to buying a dyson a few weeks ago, but went with a sears model instead. Someday I'll treat myself to a dyson. Ah, to dream...
And I had no idea they came in Pink!!

Unknown said...

I have been coveting a Dyson for...well, forever. Good tip on the refurbished models!

Toni said...

Missy-

My husband forgot to sign off his gmail acct. and I posted as "ed"! Sorry!

Danielle said...

Refurbished? that is awesome. I didn't realize that was an option. with three cats and a one year old I need the king of all vacuums in this place.

L said...

I would get it just because it's pink lol.

Bren said...

Hooray! I lover the pink and I'd be just as excited.

Sorry Pooky is sick! Ya know, my oldest still gets out of bed like that sometimes at night. It takes her so long to get settled.