Thursday, November 06, 2008

A Boy and his Cars

Who needs stuffed animals to sleep with when you have cars?

I tell ya, Pooky is such a BOY. He really doesn't care about his few stuffed toys or blankets. He does, however, adore all of his cars. All 3000 of them. And when it is night-night time, he grabs as many as his little hands can possibly hold, and puts them in his crib. Sometimes I will hear him driving them around before he falls asleep, and he makes little "vroom vroom" noises over the baby monitor. And yes, he sleeps face down, butt in the air, like that a lot. :)

When Emmy was this age, she slept with about 16 dolls, teddy bears, and such. She still does. Not my boy.

I just tip-toed into Pook's room to take this photo while he is napping. I can see 4 cars by his head, there are another 2 down by his feet, and probably a couple more hidden under his pillow and blanket.
********************************************************
On a totally unrelated note, this is my 500th post. In just over 3 years time. CRAZY. I started my blog to document some of the cute stuff my baby Emmy was doing at the time, and to help our far away family feel more connected since we had just moved to South Carolina. Now I have 500 posts. Wow. Happy Blogoversary to me!

11 comments:

Mandy said...

My guys take cars to bed, too. It scares the crap out of me when you hear them drop on the hardwood floor beside their beds!!

Happy 500th post!

Anna said...

Congrats on 500 posts!!

That is so cute and funny about Pooky's cars. I love the way he sleeps!

Dana said...

wow... 500 posts!! congrats that's awesome!!

Anonymous said...

Aww I love it. He's adorable sleeping like that and that he loves his trucks. K-Girl's bed has always been like Emmy's. E-Man has stuffies yet (two in particular that he's attached too) I'll be interested to see what he wants in his bed when he's more able to let it be known.

Way to go at 500+!! I'm at 325 at a year and a half! I talk too much. *L*

Kate said...

500 already, wtg!

I love that he sleeps with his cars like that. My godson always gets the gift of aircraft from me and when i visit sometimes he sleeps with his mom. She told me that she had to put the rule of only 2 cars in the bed b/c she said she woke up with a P-3 in her back. Too much!

photomommy said...

That is so cute!

Happy 500th!

I have given you an award! Come on by and pick it up!

MichelleB said...

Boys will be boys, he has a lot of cars very cute!

After me and my hubby celebrated our 10th anniversary and he surprised me with a gorgeous diamond necklace from www.idonowidont.com our son's bday was the next week.

My son loves monkey dolls and already has 5. So we bought him a new monkey doll to add to his collection!

Kirsetin Morello said...

My boys have been out of cribs for about 3 or so years now, and looking at that sweet photo really takes me back. It didn't seem fast at the time, but it's hard to believe now that we're done with all of that.

And 500 posts. WOW. Congrats-that's quite a commitment.

Amanda-The Family News! said...

oh yes, we have a bed full of things too - starting to scale it back some!

And, happy 500th post - WOW!

SimplyBillie said...

Too cute! Yep, definitely all boy!
Congrats on the 500th post. WooHoo!

Alicia W. said...

I just came across your blog and wanted to say hello. I had to laugh at this post and congrats on 500 posts!!