I was a mean mommy. I made Pooky wear a coat when we left this morning to go to his 2-year well-check up appointment at the pediatrician. It was cold. He did not want to wear the coat. He made that very clear after crying nonstop for 15 minutes in the car about it.
I was also mean this morning because I would not let Emmy wear her PJ pants to the appointment, even if they were pink, and pretty, and they matched her shirt. Mean.
Pooky's appointment went fine, other than he cried when they weighed him, he cried when they measured his head, and because they put a bandaid on his finger after the finger prick (although he did NOT cry when they actually poked his finger). He ripped the bandaid off after about 3 seconds and then proceeded to bleed everywhere. Fun.
Anyways, he now weighs 26 lb, 10 oz and is almost 36 inches tall. So, he is tall and skinny. Everything checked out great. That part was good.
Then, the annoyances started up again. We went to Walgreen's to pick up a couple of things, and this guy yapping on his Bluetooth totally cut in front of me in line. We were waiting about 4 feet back at the cashier, and this guy walked right in front of my cart and plopped down a couple of gallons of milk, then proceeded to check out as if I wasn't even there. The only reason I didn't say anything is because I was confused - he wasn't really cutting the line, was he?? Seriously? He was. Moron.
Then, as we were leaving some lady in a white minivan almost hit me, after she ran the stop sign. Then she glared at me. Ugh.
We came home and I proceeded to do... nothing... for the rest of the day.
Is it the weekend yet?
I feel like Pooky looks.


10 comments:
Is this before or after the coat thing? Funny face! Thanks for the award!! You're sweet!
Arrrghh! I just hate those days!
Adorable picture of Pook even though he's all grumpy pants.
I hope Tuesday is better for you.
i hope you're having a btter day today!!!!
Liam is nearly 23 months old and he weighs exactly 26 lbs.!
Ugh, what a day you had, meanie! ;-P
Some people are so rude!
I can't believe they are starting the not wanting to wear the coat thing and the wanting to wear pjs thing so early!!
I had a nothing day, too.
I can't believe you made Pook wear a coat and wouldn't let Emmy wear her pink pajama pants. Seriously, how could you?
one of THOSE days! What nerve to cut someone with kids...they should want to help you get out of the store faster! E freaks about her jacket and tries to bite it- but that is a non-negotiable. We mommies are SO mean not wanting our kids to freezw.
I'm sorry you had a bad day. Stupid other people.
Sorry to laugh at your day, but, well, you brought a smile to my face. Hope you are looking back and laughing too!
Post a Comment