Monday, August 28, 2006

Just Call Me Martha Stewart...

It only took me 5 months to complete, but I have finally finished the sundress I was sewing for Emmy! It is definitely not perfect, and it was kinda hard, but overall it turned out fine. I did learn that it is important to cut the pattern and fabric really straight (I have a few crooked seams because of uneven fabric). And I cheated on the button holes - I used velcro, and then just sewed the buttons on. Who cares about buttonholes anyway?
It is a cute, summery Strawberry Shortcake fabric, and it fits Emmy, so I am happy.
Not sure what my next project will be yet... I probably won't attempt more clothes any time soon.







5 comments:

Kate said...

Its really cute! Great job. I begged for a sewing machine for Christmas last year. Its still in the box.

photomommy said...

So cute! Yeah, who cares about button holes...if I'm right, she probably wouldn't sit still long enough to button them anyway...I know my girls don't!

trudesign said...

go martha go! You rock

Anonymous said...

Very cute dress!! Next time you could try adding snaps instead of velcro (they won't be itchy if they rub on her skin) and then add the button on the outside. Snaps are pretty easy to do, just time consuming.

Anonymous said...

The dress is adorable and I love the title of the new blog. Aunt Mo