Emmy currently sleeps with about 15 items in her crib - about 10 stuffed animals lined around her feet, 2 pillows (1 regular, 1 little), 2 blankets, and whatever toy she insistes on putting in there - her truck, a magnet, etc. I don't worry about the toys - she will sometimes play for about 10 minutes or so before falling asleep for a good 2 hour nap. Today, when put her down for her nap, I noticed that her beloved "Baby" Doll was not in the crib. I remembered that she had been playing with her earlier, but decided not to worry about it - after all, she has like 14 other things to amuse her, including her favorite Starbear. Plus she was wearing socks on her hands, so that would keep her busy, right? (I don't get the socks on the hands thing - she thinks that it is funny).
Wrong. Seconds after I lay her down, she sits back up and says, "Where baby go?"
"I don't know where baby is. Look, here is your starbear!" I say.
Then she stands up in her crib. "Mama, where baby go? Where baby?"
So, I have to walk back downstairs and wander all over the house trying to find Baby Doll. I can't find her. I looked in her toy box, in the pantry, in the bathroom, all of the usual places that Emmy's toys like to hide. No Baby Doll.
Meanwhile, Emmy is upstairs in her crib, calling "Ba-beeeee! Ma-Maaaa! Ba-Beeee!"
After about 1o minutes of searching (no exaggerating - I seriously did like 6 laps around every room in the house), I found Baby Doll. In the dryer. Why didn't I look there first? What was I thinking??
Once again, I need a nap. Now.
Wednesday, August 30, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
That is so funny...I laughed through your entire post. I love the socks on the hands!
That was so funny!!
Post a Comment