Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Shoe Shopping

Since I was complaining last week about Emmy not having any shoes that fit, I decided to try again. I was hoping to find her another pair of sandals, since it is still 90 degrees here, and won't really be cooling off much for a couple more months - but sandals have been clearanced out at all of the stores I have looked at. So, we were in Target today and I decided to buy her just a regular pair of shoes. The first pair I liked - guess what? No half sizes. Most of the other shoes did come in half sizes though. So, I asked Emmy to show me which ones she liked.

Ha! Never ask a 2 year old a question like that! She makes a beeline for a pair of pink Barbie cowgirl boots (she is such a girl!). Then she was looking at the baby shoes, which only go to size 5, and sat down trying to cram her feet into a pair of size 2's. Got mad and yelled when her feet wouldn't fit. So, I started picking out some that I found in the right size, and she refused to try on any of them. "No Mama!!"
Anyways.... 8 pairs of shoes later, I found a pair that she liked. Brown Mary Janes with Dora on them. They aren't too bad, and at least they fit her for now. She insisted on wearing them home, even though they still had tags and the elastic string tied on them. Later, she threw a fit when I had to take them off her for naptime.

I need a nap too.

Anyways, she has shoes that fit, and they aren't tennis shoes either, so she can wear them to church and look nice.



Sorry for the fuzzy picture, but she wouldn't stand still. And please disregard the striped socks - not exactly a fashion statement.
:)

2 comments:

photomommy said...

Those are so cute...Taylor would go nuts over them!

trudesign said...

Haha, such a cute story. I love reading about you and Emmy's events!