Friday, August 18, 2006

Whining and Complaining

For the most part, I consider myself a pretty positive person. Sure, there is the occasional freak-out (just ask Ray), but I don't typically complain about too much. However, there are some things bothering me today that I just want to gripe about.

  • Emmy needs to quit growing. She is tall, and all of a sudden all of her size 2T t-shirts are too short. And her shoes are too small. I have been spoiled with hand-me-downs from friends in Michigan, but since I moved, I don't have much in sizes 3T and above. Which means that I need to go spend a boatload of money to clothe her. And for shoes - size 6 is too small, 7 is too big. Why doesn't anyone sell 6 1/2 (they probably do, but I am too cheap to shop in the right stores). Not to mention the fact that I like her being little. Outgrowing shoes is just another sign that my sweet little baby is growing up, and it makes me unhappy.

  • I hate pregnancy hormones. My complexion is terrible right now. I have been washing my face 2-3 times a day and it still looks bad. I haven't had this much acne since high school (well, I think I did when I was pregnant with Emmy too). Also, my hair is horribly greasy. It looks like I haven't washed it in days, when in fact I do every day. And I have switched shampoos 3 times, and my hair still looks nasty. I am feeling extremely attractive now.

  • I want my stuff. 80% of our belongings is still up in storage in Michigan. And it will probably stay that way until our house is ready, because it doesn't really make much sense to move it twice (once to another storage unit here, and then into the house when it is done). Most of my good maternity clothes, and of course all of my newborn stuff is not here. Not to mention the fact that I just want to sleep in my own bed, use my own kitchen stuff, etc.

  • Emmy wears me out. This morning she wanted to play fun games, like spin around and around with Mommy until we both get dizzy and fall over. Then we get to do it again. And again. Then we hop all around the house. Well, actually she hops, I walk, because I do not hop. Then I took her for a walk, just to get out of the house, and she insists on leading the way, stopping to look at every little bug, plant, and tree. A walk around the neighborhood takes 3 times longer than it should. And it is hot, and I get all sweaty and gross.

I think that is all I have to complain about right now. I am sure that I could think of more if I really wanted, but I won't bore you any longer.

Happy Friday!!

5 comments:

photomommy said...

I sympathsize with you...

Just wait until Emmy's 3 and baby Luke is about 1...that will be when the fun really begins!

(Heck...I've just about got that now plus a 7 year old on top of that!)

trudesign said...

Hey you have every right to complain! I would be going INSANE about not having my stuff and my own house for so long. At least once you move in, you will be even more happy to have your stuff and space! Hang in there!

Kate said...

You're such a nice complainer! I'm sorry that you are frustrated; this is a tough and stressful time with all the things you are going through-plus the hormones!!

Anonymous said...

Hey...try Payless, Target or Walmart for Emmy's shoes. They all carry 1/2 sizes for kids shoes. Also, if you need more maternity clothes, I can always ship some to you! Hang in there, only 3 months left till the fun really begins! (BTW, make sure to take a few extra naps now b/c the two kids will hardly ever sleep at the same time!!)

Missy said...

Thanks for reminding me about the nap thing, Andrea. :)