Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Potty Training Update


Well, we are on day 2 of our big potty training adventure. And, we are slowly getting there, I think. Emmy knows how and when she needs to go. She is just choosing not to. She keeps asking me to put her diaper back on, because she would rather run around and play instead of sit on her potty. I am trying to be persistent and not give in, otherwise she will be wearing diapers until she is 12. She will usually go, when I make her try. M&M's are a nice reward too!
I am hoping that she will get used to the idea that diapers are gone. We'll see.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

M&M's are the best bribe ever...we also did a sticker chart and when Steven got a certain number of stickers he could pick any prize in the dollar store (he thinks it's cool.)

Anonymous said...

She'll do fine-sounds like she's on a good road.

My girlfriend Lainie's daughter Alexa has just mastered the potty. (She's 2 1/2) It was a riot!!