Sunday, March 18, 2007

Emmy's Boo

Emmy's yellow teddy bear, whom she calls "Boo" goes everywhere with her. He is her favorite. He goes to bed with her, sits in her highchair with her, rides in the car with her. He gets dirty a lot, since he also likes to play in the dirt with her. Thankfully he is machine washable, so he gets lots of baths when I do laundry.
He was pretty grubby last week, and Emmy told me that Boo needed a bath. So, I threw a load of laundry in, and let Emmy toss him in the machine. She waved at him as he swished around in the soapy water with her clothes, then she ran off to play.
About an hour later, Emmy was crying about something or another, and she wanted her Boo. I told her that Boo was still all wet from his bath, and we needed to put him in the dryer to get warm. She helped me put the laundry and her Boo in the dryer. About 5 minutes later, she was still crying and was trying to open the door to the dryer to retrieve her Boo. I finally got him out, even though he was still wet. Whatever.
Anyways, that night, Emmy woke up crying. I went into her room to check on her, and she was yelling, "My Boo! My Boo!". I was a bit confused because she was holding Boo, just like always. I talked to her a bit, and figured out that she had a bad dream involving her Boo. I figure that it must have stemmed from the trauma of giving him a bath, which was her idea in the first place. The next morning, she was still talking about her Boo, and acting sad. Weird.
I don't really have a point to this story. I just had nothing else to write about today. :)

3 comments:

trudesign said...

I like that story, she is so cute.

Kate said...

I keep hearing her singing Alicia Keyes and Usher's My Boo in my head. It's quite silly!

trudesign said...

Yes we should do a self portrait day... I'll post one today, when I get home!

The care bears were wondering around for the parade, I kept chasing them to get a hug from one of them, all I got was their backs. CARE BEAR STARE! They were getting yelled at for being in the way by the cops, so funny & cute!