Saturday, September 13, 2008

A Post Devoted Entirely to Vacuums

My poor, poor little blue Dirt Devil - it has been a wonderful vacuum for the past 8 1/2 years. I have used it nearly every day cleaning up after messy children. Prior to kids, we had a dog and 2 cats to clean up after. It has cleaned 4 different houses and vacuumed everything from cookie crumbs to icky spiders. It does not stand up on its own anymore and the front cover keeps jumping off. Finally, over the past couple of weeks, it is not really even picking up the dirt anymore, it is just pushing it around the floor.

Time for a new vacuum. We wanted a bagless one, and I have been researching reviews, trying to find a GOOD one.

Today I found a fabulous deal on a beautiful new vacuum. I ordered it this morning:





Isn't it pretty?
It is a Dyson. And it is PINK.
I think I am in love.









I found it on Amazon. It is a refurbished model, being sold for $199. Which I think is an amazing deal. Throw in free shipping and a $25 Amazon gift certificate that Ray had, and I only spent $175 on this beauty, which is to be delivered this week.

There is NO way I could ever afford a regularly-priced Dyson, so I am incredibly excited about this deal. As long as it is working properly, I will be ecstatic. I will let you know. :)

Did I mention it is pink??

12 comments:

Amanda-The Family News! said...

oh yes - you WILL be in love!!! i have a dyson - mine isn't pink though! i love, love, love my dyson and use it every day!!! love it!

Jodi said...

I am experiencing a bit of jealousy right now.

We keep buying cheapy vacuums--I think I've been through 4 or 5 in the 15 years we've been married. I'm pretty hard on my sweepers.

You're getting durable plus PINK! Wow! You are a lucky lady.

Anonymous said...

So JEALOUS.

Kirsetin Morello said...

Oh, yes, that is a fine vacuum. And what a great deal! How pathetic is it that we all SO empathize with your love for your new pink friend? Seriously! (But I do love my purple one, too.)

Kate said...

I'm really jealous too. I like our vacumn and it's the first one that has sucked up ALL the cat hair, but I know the Dyson would just blow me away.

Congratulations and the pink is gorgeous!

Courtney said...

I hope it is everything you hope it will be!! ;)

CJ Sweet said...

How cute is that???? I didn't even know that there was such a thing as a pink vacuum. Guess what will be on my list for Santa?

Dana said...

that is so stinkin cute.. i love it and am sooo jealous!

Ashlee said...

Oh, I love a dyson, even though I don't have one! What a great way to afford one, as they are expensive! Vacuuming will be so fun in pink!

Anna said...

That is a pretty neat vacuum! I love that it is pink!

Anonymous said...

$175?! Yes that makes it even better! Rock on!

kim said...

You know what's funny? I had a red Dirt Devil for about 10 years that finally pooped out, so I retired it for a purple Dyson.