My friends Brooke and Steve welcomed their second baby into their family this past Thursday - Congratulations!
I was a bit envious that they now have their baby. I want Baby Luke to be here, so I can hold him and cuddle with him....
Then reality hit me.
I am SO not mentally ready for 2 kids yet! I can barely keep up with Emmy, much less having to constantly care for a newborn on top of it! Not to mention the fact that there is a lot going on right now, waiting for our house to be built, finishing moving our belongings from Michigan, preparing for the holidays. Plus I do plan to start potty training Emmy over the next couple of months. What was I thinking???
So, assuming that Baby Luke does not come early, I have 3 months to mentally prepare myself for what is about to happen. Emmy will be 2 years and 4 months older than Luke, which sounded like a good enough age gap, but now I am not so sure. Maybe I should have waited until Emmy was older, say... 10?
I know that when the time comes, everything will be fine... things in my life usually have a way of working out, no matter how helpless it may seem. And this is hardly a helpless situation!
However, I will miss my afternoon naps with Emmy. I do like sleeping....
This quote seems somewhat appropriate for today....
Sesame Street Quote of the Day:
"Outside of the city, everything is greener. Except for the donkey, he is brown." ~ Grover
Monday, August 21, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
I am not going to lie...it's going to be tough...but you have a great support system (Ray, your parents) so my advice is to let them help you!
After you adjust to having two and get into a fairly regular routine, you'll be amazed at the "Super-Mom" you've become =) (And then you'll be ready to take on #3, right??? LOL)
Post a Comment