Sunday, February 10, 2008

The Reorganization Project

Over the past couple of weeks, I have been on a mission to clean up and reorganize several areas in my house. I am happy to report that most of the project has been completed. My darling husband rearranged our living room last weekend, which made a HUGE difference. It really opened up the room, and I don't feel so overwhelmed by all the toys laying around. I cleaned out Pook's room, moved his changing table out, and got a new bookshelf for him, which looks GREAT! We also moved some things around in Emmy's room, which made it look not so crowded. And finally, I reorganized out coat closet and put up some hooks - wonderful improvement!
It is so refreshing to have this stuff done! I do still want to go through all of the toys and throw out/give away a bunch of stuff. I realized that the toy box has more junk in it than actual toys - crap from McDonald's happy meals and random things, like an empty toilet paper roll once used as a telescope.
A few pictures:



New bookshelf in Pooky's room







Living Room before








Living Room after








Thank you for all your hard work Sweetie!

4 comments:

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

That looks awesome. Isn't it nice to clean out the crap every now and then?

Our crap has multiplied like rabbits, so I have to purge constantly!

Sherry at the Zoo said...

Oh...I want you to come reorganize my house! It needs it for sure.
We have so many McDonald's toys that they fill several tubs in the basement. Someone once told me that they will be worth alot of money one day...do you think that's true? LOL!

photomommy said...

We got rid of a lot of crap when we moved.

We're pretty organized now, except for our unpacked boxes!

2 months and we still aren't fully unpacked.

Your place looks great!

Kate said...

The place looks great Missy! Great job with the "spring" cleaning- you're way ahead of the game!