Emmy has said some funny stuff lately. Actually, she always says funny things, but I usually forget about it. She has also been on a kick of making up new words and using them in every day conversation, then acting annoyed when I don't know what she is talking about. For example, this morning:
Emmy: "I am feeling a little bit sida."
Me: "Sida? What does that mean?"
Emmy: (heavy sigh, her mother is such an idiot.) "Sida means that I wish I had a friend to dance with today. That's what sida means."
Oh, right! Sida....
This morning she also commanded me to open her closet by saying, "Open Sesame Street!". And she has been calling McDonald's "Old McDonald's", as in the guy with the farm. It makes me laugh.
Finally, yesterday she pointed a roll of shelf liner at me and told me that she was shooting me. Say what?? "Where did you hear that from??!" I exclaimed, shocked that my innocent darling had said such a thing.
"Playhouse Disney," she replied nonchalantly.
And I burst out laughing, because unless Winnie the Pooh has been playing war games with Tigger, that is pretty unlikely. We did have a discussion about how we don't shoot at people, because in real life it is not nice, blah, blah.
While I am on the subject of talking, Pook has been saying a few words recently too. He can say kitty cat, dog (dada), uh-oh, and night-night. He has definitely been letting me know what he wants by pointing and yelling, and if he wants food or drink he starts yelling "Nananananana!". He calls all of us Mama (me, Ray, and Emmy). And Ray was teaching him to moo like a cow, which he does by sticking his chin up in the air and making a random sound. He is so funny...
Happy Friday! :)
Friday, February 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
I am glad to hear that Steven isn't the only one who makes up random words with their own meanings. I have had MANY conversations with him where he throws something new in and I am supposed to understand.
He also has strange hand gestures that have meanings too. He says his tooth paste is "spicy" but he knows he is not supposed to talk while I am brushing his teeth. So, he holds his hands up and wiggles his fingers and I'm told that means spicy...
Ah, the things they come up with
Aren't these the best things about babies and toddlers and preschoolers? They are so innocent and so fun. They makes us all laugh.
Keep blogging those memories! The older you get the harder it is to remember.
Gawd I miss those days. I used to love it when my youngest would ask me to take her to play "Midget-er Golf" LOL!
haha, i love these stories!
Kids are so funny, aren't they?
Post a Comment