I do all the packing and getting ready for vacations around here.
I haven't let my husband pack a suitcase since we were 18 and I watched him pack for a camping trip, tossing random clothes into a bag, unfolded, and then we get to the campground and he realizes he forgot to pack underwear. I took over packing duties after that.
I am also the one who does all of those little things, like have the post office hold the mail, make sure all the trash cans get taken out, and there is no leftover food in the fridge that will turn into a science experiment while we are away for a week. The thermostat must be turned down, plants watered, windows locked, dishwasher emptied, beds made. Because it drives me crazy to come home to a messy house.
We leave tomorrow. All morning I have been busily doing laundry, packing the suitcases, charging batteries, making lists of things not to forget. It is usually about this time that I start to feel a bit overwhelmed with all that is left to do, and I begin to panic. Too much to do, too little time, too many people needing me to help them with other things. Pooky is crabby and wants me to read to him. Emmy has decided that today is a perfect day to paint. And then, my darling husband casually asks me this morning, "Can you wash these jeans tonight after I get home from work? I want to bring them on vacation."
Seriously?? Like I have nothing better to do than do MORE laundry at 8:00 tonight?? You have 3 pairs of blue jeans and you have decided that the ones you are wearing are the ones you MUST bring on vacation. We leave at 6:00 tomorrow morning. ARE YOU KIDDING ME NO I WILL NOT DO AN ADDITIONAL LOAD OF LAUNDRY TONIGHT JUST SO THAT YOU CAN BRING ONE MORE PAIR OF PANTS. WEAR A DIFFERENT PAIR.
Whew. I feel better now. I can my resume my packing and cleaning.
Have a wonderful week everyone! I am behind on my blog reading/commenting, I promise to catch back up when I get home. :)
Friday, May 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


17 comments:
Ouch.... at least I asked.. ;)
Sorry for the rant sweetie, but that was a crazy question. love you! :)
Hope you have a fun and safe vacation! :)
Aren't husbands fun?
Have a great trip!
Oh, I totally feel your pain, sistah.
Men have no idea what it is like to get ready for a trip- particularly one with kids. Moms have to get themselves ready, him ready, kids ready, house ready, etc.
Um, now I am starting to wonder why we GO on trips! (: Just kidding- have a great vaca!
Hahaha at your rant! I am just the opposite. Even my 9, 11, and 14 year olds pack their own clothing. We go horse showing almost every weekend for 5 months of the year so they get a lot of practice packing! They each have their own suitcase. Hubby goes out of town each week and yes, he packs himself too!
i hope you have a great vacation.. can't wait to hear all about it!
hahaha, that is because your husband is a LOSA! Can't wait to see you guys!
Be safe and have fun!!
You sound like me...i have to have everything in order before I leave and when it comes to packing - same thing. I am the one who packs the car too or we would never get it all in there... I think it is part of my OCD I incurred after having children!
UGH... I get frustrated with the point that I HAVE to pack for myself AND everything for two babies and he just has to pack for himself! I hope that everything goes smoothly! Good luck!
This is what I love about blogging! You find out that there are really other people who are just like you!
I totally understand the "getting ready for vacation" melt-down. You are not alone!
Enjoy your vacation--and the clean house that you get to come home to. I love that too!
My DH is a way better packer than I am...he's sooo organized!
sounds all too familiar! enjoy your vacation!
Have a wonderful time!
Sort of like my husband leaving town and then needing to go all the way back to his office to fill out his time and attendance the night before we had to get up at 4 for a 630 flight. :)
When ya get back and settled...I tagged you!
Post a Comment