Monday, August 04, 2008

Birthday Party, Round 2

We had Emmy's birthday party here at home with a couple of her friends yesterday afternoon. The girls went swimming, played, ate, and of course Emmy was once again spoiled with presents.



In the pool













Blowing out her candles! Happy #4 Emmy!












The 3 princesses







********************************************
One of the things that I remember about having birthdays as a kid is the cakes my parents used to decorate for us. I found a couple of pictures:


These were taken at my 3rd and 5th birthdays - I loved those cakes! (Strawberry Shortcake and Rainbow Brite).


























Because of those fun cakes I remember, I decided to give it a try for Emmy's birthday. In honor of her princess themed party, here is the cake I made.






















Her lips turned out kinda weird, but otherwise it turned out pretty well. Ray was even impressed. :)
I think that I would like to continue this tradition with my kids, and it was a fun project for me.

16 comments:

Dana said...

looks like fun....Very cute cake....

Dana said...

DVD is in the mail.. Sorry it took me so long.. I have been swamped!

Anonymous said...

Great job on the cake! That's more of an undertaking than I'm willing to take on. I wouldn't know where to begin!

Still hard to believe Emmy's 4. And Taylor's 5. And Emma is almost 3. And Aaron is almost 10.

Where has the time gone???

Anonymous said...

OMG! I forgot PooK! Almost 2!

Amanda-The Family News! said...

Good job on the cake!!! I wish I had it in me - but I don't!
A lady I work with makes beautiful cakes and she is going to do Avery's for his bday next month...I can't wait!

And OMG - I LOVED Strawberry Shortcake and Rainbow Bright - I STILL have a rainbow bright doll somewhere!!! Oh and can't forget Holly Hobby!!!

Anonymous said...

What a fantastic job you did on that cake! Neat seeing a pic of you with yours as a kid, too!

Hyperactive Lu said...

You did a great job! I love making and decorating my kids cakes. :) So special... I also had a strawberry shortcake cake. How cool!

Kate said...

Love the cake that you made! Good job-wish I had any concept of how to do that.

Also, love the way someone was holding back your long hair while you burned out the candles.

The cake tradition is awesome-way to keep it going!

trudesign said...

GREAT Job Miss!! That rocks.

Bren said...

I'm impressed! That cake looks fabulous! I love the shot of the girls in their crowns. Too cute!

Kmommy said...

How awesome!!! Your mom sounds a lot like mine - extravagantly decorated cakes. I think I've done that two or three times for my step-daughter, before the other kids came along... I'll have to do that this year for the two little ones - a first b-day and a 3 on the 3rd!
The Little Mermaid turned out so cool!!

Anonymous said...

Ariel is a really cute cake....

and I'm totally jealous of your Rainbow Brite cake.

Looks like it was a great party for your little princess. :)

Anonymous said...

That cake is awesome! I can barely handle writing Happy Birthday. You rock.

Anna said...

Wow, that cake is impressive! Looks like the kids had a great time at the party! :)

Anonymous said...

Great Cake, Missy! You're a GREAT mom. LYL Wama Tunu

kim said...

Great job on the cake! I'm impressed!