Friday, August 15, 2008

Update

Well, Ray left for Chicago this morning. It is pretty depressing. We have been talking about him flying home for the weekend in 3 weeks, or maybe we will go up there - who knows? I hate having him so far away.
We did get most of the stuff I wanted done around the house completed before his departure. I have a few more little things to get done around the house, and the carpets are being cleaned on Tuesday, then I will feel "ready" to sell this place. I met my realtor this evening, and the house will probably be on the market Sunday or Monday. Then - anything could happen. I dislike the unknown.

OK, enough whining for now. I actually feel pretty good right now, despite being husbandless and having a cold. At least I get the whole bed to myself at night. :)

Happy weekend!

10 comments:

Munchkins and Music said...

It is hard having the hubby gone! But you are right, at least you'll get a good night's rest!!

Anonymous said...

Missy! I tought about you all day yesterday cause I knew Ray was leaving.

I really admire your strength. Let's hope and pray and cross our fingers (and toes) that your house sells quickly!

Anonymous said...

It cannot be fun being separated
like that, my hubby is away for one
night tonight and i cannot
stand it. Hope the time passes quickly for you all

kim said...

It's been so long since I stopped by, I didn't even realize you were moving!!! I'm going to have to keep reading to get the scoop.

Anonymous said...

Missy, I hate being separated from Mitch even after 27 years of marriage. Things are just not complete when they are gone. Fortunatly it doesn't happen very often. But soon you will sell your house and you will be together again. I will keep good thoughts. Love you guys. Maureen and Mitch

Anonymous said...

Having the bed to yourself occasionally can make for a lovely night of sleep. I know it's tough; try sleeping in the middle--works for me when my husband travels!

Dana said...

Hang in there! I know it's tough being away from the one you love- but it'll be ok...I'm sure of it!

Anna said...

I know how you feel! I hate being away from Mike even if it is just for a night! It sounds like you are keeping busy though, so hopefully the time will fly by! Hang in there!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Things are really moving quickly, huh?

melissa rohr said...

thank you! i was totally thinking of you when i wrote that post-i can only imagine how hard it is going to be and i bet it'll be worse. and you have to do it for longer =(
we'll get each other through it, lol!