Thursday, August 28, 2008

Recipe Thursday

As promised, I wanted to post the recipe for one of my favorite meals - zucchini pie. I think I posted this already a while back, but here it is again, with pictures. It is AWESOME, and a great way to use up those ginormous zucchinis from your garden.

Zucchini Pie


4 cup thinly sliced zucchini
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup margarine
1/2 cup chopped parsley or 2 TB parsley flakes
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp basil
1/4 tsp oregano
2 eggs
2-3 cup mozzarella cheese
1 small can mushrooms
8 oz can crescent rolls

Cook and stir zucchini, onion, and margarine in pan 10 minutes














Stir in parsley, salt, pepper, garlic powder, basil, oregano
In large bowl, beat eggs. Add mushrooms and mozzarella cheese. Stir in zucchini mixture.
Separate crescent rolls and place triangles into pie plate to form crust on bottom and sides of pan. Pour zucchini mixture into pan.














Bake 375 degrees for 20 minutes or until center is set. Cover crust with foil for last 10-15 minutes of baking. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.


yum yum....

10 comments:

Courtney said...

MMmmmmm that looks so tasty! I might have to cheat on my low carb diet for that one!

melissa rohr said...

haha, i love your use of the the word ginormous!

annnd, yum yum that looks SO good!

Kmommy said...

OMG! That looks so good I may have to go out and buy some zucchini!!

Kate said...

Oh wow that looks good. I'm not sure I can make it for Mircea-I'd be waaaaaay too jealous of him for getting to enjoy it. It still might taste good without cheese, but I'm betting that really seals the deal. Awesome recipe!

Anonymous said...

Hmm I may have to give that a try. My husband loves zucchini...I'm um trying. I think I'd have to leave out the mushrooms though. I just can't. *L* My goodness I'm too picky. ;)

Anonymous said...

That looks so good. You're making me feel bad with my spaghetti & meatball dinner!

Dana said...

ooooooo.... yummy....

Anna said...

Mmmmm...looks good!

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

First, I love your WW.

Now then, this pie, I'm MAKING this pie. FOR REAL. Thansk for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Looks yummy. My husband loves anything pie!