Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Emmy Update!

Emmy has been pretty busy the past couple of weeks. Her talking is really coming along - I am able to recognize more and more words every day (although a lot of what she says still sounds like Chinese!) She knows several of her letters and she can almost count to 10 (with a little help - she gets stuck on 7 and always forgets 10). She also knows the names of some animals and colors.
And then yesterday she told me that she needed to poop. Twice. TMI, I know, but we really haven't done much yet when it comes to potty training. She does not seem bothered whatsoever about having a wet diaper. Anyways, we sat her on the potty 3 times yesterday and were successful once. YAY! Although today she does not seem interested at all. I tried to get her to go this morning and she refused to even sit on the potty. So, I am not sure what to do next - do I keep trying to get her to use the potty, or do I not push it and just do it when she wants to (like when she says "Poop!")? My friends who have been there - what do I do now???

1 comment:

photomommy said...

Well, for now I say if she says she has to go, put her on. I wouldn't force her though. As she gets a little older and (hopefully)more interested start putting her on every hour or so...I know it'll be hard with the little one. That worked with Aaron and seems to work pretty well with Taylor, too. I also reward Taylor when she goes (which is pretty much anytime I put her on, now). I keep a big bag of M&M's in the bathroom and I give her three or four when she goes, while she is still on the potty (a little trick I learned from her school =) ).

On the same subject, Taylor stayed dry all night last night for the first time!

I know I'm writing a novel, here, but I got one more thing...Remember how I blogged about not wanting to potty train both the girls at the same time? Well, get this, everytime I ask Taylor if she has to go potty Emma makes a beeline to the bathroom...plus when we flush and say "bye-bye to pee-pee"(corny as heck but it's understood)Emma waves, too. Emma might be a breeze to train after this!

If you ever have questions or anything, please feel free to email me! I am a vast oasis of mothering knowledge!! ;)