I love Halloween. I loved it as a kid, and I even loved it before we had Emmy - I just like this time of year, and all of the pumpkins and decorations, and I love passing out candy to cute kids. For the past 2 years since I can now dress Emmy up, I plan these types of things way in advance. I had already looked at a bunch of costumes online and had decided to dress Emmy up as a ladybug.
So, we wander back to the Halloween section of the store, and right away, I see toddler-sized ladybug costumes. I started looking through the rack, when Emmy, who was in the shopping cart, started pointing and jumping up and down.
"Bee!" she yelled. "Beeeee!"
Yep, right next to the ladybug costumes, were bumblebee costumes. I have mentioned before that Emmy calls all insects, butterflies, and birds "bees", but this really was a bee. And she was very excited about it. And it was a cute costume..... and only $9.99. :)
"Do you want to be a bee for Halloween?" I asked her.
"Right! Bee! Bee!" she was very loud about her answer.
So, I found the correct size, and handed her the costume. Immediately she wanted to put it on.
She tried to stick her head in it and got stuck. "Help Mama! Bee!"
I helped her put it on. She was so fricken cute. It is a sleeveless, fuzzy pullover costume, complete with a hood with antenna. The plastic hanger attached to the top of the hood made the outfit complete.
She wore the costume while we finished shopping, occasionally shouting "Bee!" to everyone walking by. Other people were laughing and saying how cute she was...and she really was cute. She wore the costume through the checkout line (the cashier had to scan it without taking it off her) and to the car. I had a heck of a time buckling her into her carseat with it on, but we did it. She wore it all the way home, and around the house for about another hour before I was able to get it off her. Then, I hid the costume in my closet until Halloween.
Anyways, Emmy will be a bee for Halloween. I will save the pictures for a Halloween post, but really, she is adorable. And I can't wait!!
Obviously, this is not Emmy wearing the costume. Emmy is much cuter. This is the costume from Target's ad.


3 comments:
That costume is too cute. I haven't gotten my kids costumes yet, but we will probably do it this weekend. Ironically enough, Taylor was a ladybug 2 years ago...the costume is almost identical to the bee costume (just different colors)!
So cute, love that she picked out the bee!
That is really really cute. I can't wait to see her in the costume!
Post a Comment