I am not writing this so that you guys feel sorry for me. I am just needing to complain about my latest pregnancy aches and pains.
I am tired of being pregnant. I have 5 weeks to my due date, which really means that Luke could be here any day - or it could be a while yet. I waddle when I walk. Some guy said to me last week, "Wow! You must be ready to pop!" Not really. But thanks. So, I guess he thought that I was ginormously huge.
I have been having what I call mini-contractions for the past couple of days. Mainly it happens after I have been walking around a lot or I have been busy. After work on Wednesday I had a few, and they were particularily bad last night after we had a busy day at the fair. Asides from the contractions, I have been feeling just generally crampy and nauseaus. It sucks.
On top of this, I have pretty bad carpal tunnel. My hands are tingly or numb almost all the time, especially at night. It doesn't matter how I lay, I wake up every hour or so at night whith my entire hand and wrist completely numb which is rather uncomfortable. It also bothers me throughout the day. I have sharp wrist pains or a tingly feeling in my fingers doing regular activities like picking up Emmy, brushing my teeth, and washing dishes.
My hands and feet are very swollen. I tried to put on my cute black shoes for church this morning only to find that my feet are much too fat. I couldn't even get my foot in the shoe, much less buckle them. So I had to wear my gross tennis shoes that I wear to work which are very worn and ugly.
I have a few other gross pregnancy symptoms that I will spare you all the details on (because I know that people like Ashley would rather not know the graphic details).
And my house is still not done. Not that it was supposed to be yet, but I am feeling pretty doubtful that it will be ready in time. I have accepted it, and I realize that at the very worst, it should only be a week or 2 after he is born before we can move in. Not much I can do about it. Although there was a lot of progress this week - painting is done, siding is up, driveway and sidewalk have been poured, cabinets are in....
OK, enough rambling and sorry for the whining. Overall I did have a good weekend, despite feeling like "a big blue whale" (Ray's term of endearment for me - isn't he sweet??).
:)
Sunday, October 15, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Here's a hug from Maryland.
I totally sypathsize with you...I remember what I felt like when I had 5 weeks to go with Emma. The sad thing is, that unbeknownst to me, Emma was going to be almost 2 weeks overdue (11 days) so I actually had almost 7 weeks! But for you, I hope it's 5! Hang in there!!! =)
Post a Comment