Last night was my last day at work until after Luke is born. I was hoping to keep working right up until he was born, but being on my feet running around the restaurant was not working for me. Plus as I have mentioned, my pregnancy has given me carpal tunnel, and carrying around heavy plates and dishes is a bit painful on my wrists.
Anyways... so I worked last night and didn't go to bed until well after midnight - which is late for me. Then a few hours later the fun started...
3:30 am - Emmy started to cry
3:35 am - Crying turned to a whimper
3:45 am - Emmy is still whimpering, now with calls for "Mamaaaa...."
4:10 am - I finally get up to check on her, because she is still talking. I go into her room and her immediately starts crying and wants me to pick her up. "No more night-night!". Because I am a sucker, I carry her into my room and tuck her into my bed.
4:20 am - Emmy does not want to lay down, she wants me to hold her. She is still whimpering a bit.
4:45 am - She is done crying and seems fine. I still can't figure out what is causing this, because she NEVER wakes up in the middle of the night unless she is sick.
4:50 am - Emmy decides that she needs her 2 pillows from her crib. We go and get them.
4:55 am - Emmy asks for a drink. I go downstairs to get her a cup of milk.
5:05 am - Emmy is now wide awake and talking. She gets mad at Daddy for trying to steal her pillow, which did not happen because he is half asleep still.
5:07 am - Daddy tells Emmy that she needs to lay down and go night night. She protests for a couple of minutes, then finally lays down and is quiet.
5:15 am - Emmy is being quiet, but is very squirmy. She is rolling around, she sits up and lays on me, pats Daddy's arm, rolls around some more...
5:20 am - I decide that Emmy needs to go back to her own room.
5:22 am - I am rocking Emmy in the rocking chair in her room telling her that she needs to go night night again. She is humming and smiling.
5:23 am - I put Emmy back in her crib. She isn't happy, but lays down anyways.
5:24 am - I walk back downstairs to turn off the baby monitor so that if she starts crying again she doesn't disturb my parents.
5:26 am - I finally get back to my own bed. Although now I am wide awake and it takes me a while to fall back asleep. Emmy talks for a minute on the baby monitor in my room, then she is quiet.
6:30 am - Ray's alarm goes off.
7:30 am - After several pushes of the snooze button, Ray is up and ready to leave for work. We are both very tired and grumpy.
Lucky for me, I get to go back to sleep. I wake back up at 9:30 am, and Emmy is still sleeping. I end up waking her up, and she is now her happy usual self.
Anyways, I still don't know what caused all of this. Maybe she had a bad dream?? I am not too tired since I got to sleep in, but poor Ray... I know that he must be exhausted!
Monday, October 23, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
No Big Deal.....
sounds like some of the nights we have around here!
Post a Comment