Sunday, October 01, 2006

Our New House!


Aside from the picture I posted a couple of weeks ago of our new house, I really haven't mentioned it much. However, now that we are about 5-6 weeks from it being completed, I am starting to get excited. The drywall is up, and I am expecting siding and paint to start this week. The new house is in a cute neighborhood with a ton of little kids in it, which is great for us. We are in a brand new section of the existing neighborhood, which has only been there for a couple of years.




Our lot is pretty deep - it is about a half acre, and is all pine trees. The buildings that are behind the trees are our local elementary and middle schools - so Emmy and Luke will be in easy walking distance from their future schools. And the schools are far enough back that we still have a fairly private lot.





This is the back of the house. We added a screened in back porch, which will be awesome. My parents have one in the house we are currently staying at, and it is great. Ray plans on practically living out there, and wants a TV mounted in the corner and a comfy chair. We'll see... ;)

So, after a year and half of living down here, very soon we will have our own place again! Of course the house will be ready just 2 weeks before my due date - so I think that we will be pretty busy in the next few months with a newborn and a house to unpack and decorate. Never mind that the holidays are also coming up very quickly! We are looking forward to Ray's family coming to stay with us for Christmas - both to meet Baby Luke, and to see our new home. (Yes, I really do want you to come!!)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I cannot believe how far they have come with the house...it looks great!

Kate said...

The house looks great. I'm sure it will be a lot at once, but you can handle it. You're super mom (and wife)

trudesign said...

Haha, i'm glad! That is so exciting, the house looks really cute! Plus, I would love to help you decorate and unpack while i'm there!

Anonymous said...

Hey Melissa! We miss you at "The Pie!" Sunday nights just aren't the same without you. Anyway, your house looks awesome...I'm very jealous of your yard. Baby Luke needs to hurry up so you can come back to work. Ha Ha...love ya girl! ~Meow