Wednesday, October 11, 2006

I Hate Maternity Clothes

I have decided that I must have an odd-shaped pregnant body. I cannot find anything that fits right - and as my belly continues to get bigger and bigger, fewer and fewer things seem to fit. And, even the things that do fit aren't comfortable - my pants are always falling down and my belly keeps trying to peek out of the bottom of my shirt.

One of the worst types of maternity wear are panel pants - those pants that you have to wear up around your boobs with the panel that covers the entire belly. This is not an attractive look. I almost didn't post these pictures because they are a bit scary. But... for the sake of proving my point, here are the panel pants....





Ahhhh! What is that??

It is my ginormous belly (which I know, all of you keep telling me isn't that big, but it certainly feels that way)








Let me back up a little bit so you can get the whole effect. Ugly, aren't they?? And they are horribly uncomfortable.

Now granted I do not normally walk around with the panel showing like this. Of course I have a few shirts that are still able to cover the hideous pants.

But, I will assume that I have made my point. Maternity clothes suck, and panel pants are just plain ugly.

2 comments:

photomommy said...

LOL!!! You are so funny!!! I never wore panel pants...I could never bring myself to buy them!

It's getting close now...are you excited?? Heck, I'm excited for you...I'm not having anymore babies and I kinda miss the anticipation of having a new baby. Although, not enough to have another =)

Kate said...

As adorable as you are...the panel pants SUCK. I have learned from you now (and Chantelle) that if I ever have children its a big N.O. to panel pants. BOO!!!