Sunday, August 31, 2008

HUGE news!

A few weeks ago, I announced that we were moving to Chicago. I really wasn't too excited, despite the fact that it was a great job opportunity for my husband. However, the first couple of weeks at his new job were not what Ray expected, and as a result -

We are NOT moving to Chicago! Ray is coming home this week, he got his old job back, and we get to stay in South Carolina!

Although there were some nice aspects to moving back up north (mainly being so much closer to Ray's family and our old friends), I think there are a lot more reasons to stay here. We like it here. We like our house, our neighborhood, our church, our friends. Even though it is freaking hot right now, the weather is WAY better. Plus, now we don;t have to worry about selling the house and moving, which potentially would have cost us a LOT of money, since the economy is so swell right now.

So, Ray is leaving on Tuesday to come home - I can't wait! Looking forward to getting our lives back to normal....


P.S. - I loved seeing all of your "definitions" from the last post - I have been laughing for the past 2 days at your comments.

14 comments:

Anna said...

Yay for not having to move! I am so happy for you!! :)

Anonymous said...

I'm SOOOO happy for you!!!

BTW my definition is: " A person who falls into an outhouse and dies."

Sweet!

Anonymous said...

Well, alrighty then! Happy you get to be in SC!

Amanda-The Family News! said...

YAY!!! I am so happy you are going to be staying in SC!! That totally gives us more time to get together for sure...I still want to do so!!!!
amanda

Andrea said...

That is awesome news! Wht a relief not to have to worry about moving and all the stuff that goes along with having to move!!

Kate said...

What a rollercoaster. I am glad that it is working out this way!!!

Dana said...

that is such AWESOME news... i am SOOO happy for you!!

Anonymous said...

Yay for getting your husband back! Yay for not having to move!

Anonymous said...

Yay! That's great. I'm sure it might have been fun to relocate, but yeah that's where you live and have your life. I'm happy for you. :) And how awesome that he got his old job back just like that. Must be a great employer!

Kmommy said...

That sounds so great. So glad you guys did it the right way :) we really wish we would have done that! It really sucked to move the whole family to find out it was an awful job.
Glad to hear things are going well!!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you and Ray have found out that this was not the best situation for your family before you went through the hassle of moving. I, on the other hand, am quite sad to hear the news that you will not be moving back. I think we may need to plan a group trip to Chicago next summer anyway. :)

BTW, Stevie started Kindergarten today...I'll post pictures later.

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

Miissy, I am so sincerely happy for you all.

*deep exhale*

Courtney said...

Yay! Congrats!

Toni said...

Congrats to you!