Thursday, March 27, 2008

Slow Down and Shut Up the Barking.

I apologize in advance for the excessive complaining in this post. I am in a sort-of irritable mood today and little things are really annoying me. And I need to vent.

For example, people who drive too fast. Why? Is the 30 seconds you might save by speeding really worth it? And if you choose to drive too fast, quit riding the back end of my car, because I promise you that it will not make me go faster or get out of your way. And it's not like I drive super slow either - I usually go 5-10 MPH around the speed limit, and slower when I am in my neighborhood.

Last night, I had pizza delivered, and the pizza guy came flying down our street at about 50 MPH (the speed limit is 25), flew past our house, had to turn around, came screaming back down to my house and flew into the driveway. I was watching him out my window. In his ghetto turquoise convertible with no muffler. I was annoyed. There are a ton of kids running around in my neighborhood - why drive like an idiot and risk running over one? It's okay if it takes you an extra minute to deliver my pizza because you drove the speed limit, I don't mind.

I am also incredibly annoyed with our new neighbors who just moved in 2 houses down. They have 2 little dogs who are chained up in the back yard who bark all day long. Starting at 6:30 in the morning through 11:00 at night. Note to my new neighbor: SHUT UP YOUR DOGS. It is nothing personal. I like animals, and we will probably have another dog someday, but I can't stand that annoying yippity bark for another day.

OK. I feel better. Just had to get that off my chest. I promise happier posts to come.

5 comments:

Kate said...

I don't like yippy dogs. My neighbors have two little disasters and I can hear them barking...from inside their house. How loud is it inside? Oh my goodness.

I'm starting to hate fast drivers (i was one, but haven't been like that for sometime) because they want to interrupt my awesome gas mileage in the car. I'll accelerate slowly, thank you very much, and enjoy my 53 mpg!

Sherry at the Zoo said...

I would bet that your neighbors have no idea that their dogs bark all day long. I think you should walk over and tell them. Chances are they are gone alot and thus the reason for the barking.

I can't stand speeders in a neighborhood. I have to admit to driving fast on the interstate, but never in a neighborhood. I had a friend who once cured a teenager in her neighborhood of his bad speeding habit. She bought a 2nd hand stroller for a buck or two from a garage sale, put a doll in it under a blanket, hid behind a bush, and when he sped way too fast down the street, at just the right moment she sent the stroller rolling. She made her point and it freaked him out enough that he no longer drove through the neighborhood like a wild teenager.

Life As I Know It said...

I don't get people who drive fast either. Is anything, anything?, worth driving like a maniac and risking an accident?

Andrea said...

Whew! I'd be annoyed too. :) Yippy dogs drive me nuts...and I'm FOREVER telling my hubby that speeding isn't worth the few seconds it cuts off the trip! Oh well...hopefully your new neighbors will at LEAST train their dogs to be quiet or something!

Anonymous said...

People dr too fast in our neighborhood too! Even when they see me out front playing with my daughter, they still fly by!