It has been a stressful week and weekend for us.
First, Emmy was not feeling well. Then Pooky got sick. He had a fever and runny nose for a couple of days, then started coughing, and I actually took him to the pediatrician this morning (so thankful for weekend hours!) because the poor kiddo is just miserable - coughing and crying non-stop. He will act fine and play for a few minutes, then all of a sudden he is crying and wanting to be held. The doctor said his ears looked clear but his chest was a bit rattly, so we got some cough syrup and antibiotic. I am ready for this summer sickness to be over!
Secondly, we are getting ready to leave for another vacation. We have traveled quite a bit over the past couple of months, first to Florida, then Michigan. This time, we are heading back to Michigan for the weekend and our 10 year high school reunion (both mine and Ray's, since we graduated together). Then, we head to Ohio on Lake Erie for a week with Ray's extended family for our annual "lake" trip. We had originally not planned on going, but decided to at the last minute. Also, we will be driving this time - and with 2 small children and a 13 hour drive, we are going to do it overnight. We are planning to leave Thursday night around midnight, so that the kids will hopefully be sleeping for at least half the trip, and we would arrive mid-day Friday in Kalamazoo.
The reunion is Saturday night. I am really not expecting it to be fabulous, I am a little disappointed with where it is being held, and I know a lot of people are not going because of that. But, since I had a hand in planning - I found addresses for about 50 people - I feel obligated to go. And I know that a few good friends will be there, including Chantelle aka Photomommy. So, we will see how it goes, hopefully we will still have a good time.
There is also some other crazy stuff going on here that I would love to discuss on my blog, but I can't - just keep us in your thoughts and prayers this week as our family has some big decisions to make that could mean big changes in the near future.
More cheerful posts this week, I promise!
Sunday, July 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


11 comments:
Oh Missy, I will definitely keep y'all in my thoughts and prayers on the 'other things'.
Concentrate on that vacation. Here's hoping everything else goes by uneventful and she feels better soon!
When it rains. It pours. And IT SUCKS.
You'll be in my thoughts and prayers. Car trips with kiddos can be difficult, but we just did a 8hr drive, at night, with two kids and they did really well. I am so thankful that my Hubbie can drive at night... Good luck and I hope you get some rest, relaxation and time to yourself!
Oh, Have fun on your vacation. Be safe. Stay healthy!!
It sounds like you have a lot going on and I hope the kids get to feeling better. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers and take care - Kellan
I hope all goes well with the vacation and the "other stuff". You know that my thoughts are with you.
As far as the reunion goes, I'm with ya on the whole location thing, albeit, I'm not surprised.
I have no idea what to wear...or how to dress the hubby.
Yikes!
Hope you have a great trip! 10 year reunion, huh? Unfortunately for me, I am inching up on 15 years. It makes me sick to think of that! Have fun! I hope that your kids feel better.
Wishing you the best in your familial decisions. Hope you have a great time at the 10 year-remember, at least you're having one! Have a blast and give Chantelle a hug from me too...and she's instructed to give you a hug from me. Damn I wish I'd graduated from our tiny school!
Hope the kids feel better and you have a safe and fun trip!
I hope you have a safe and fun vacation! I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers that everything comes together soon and he starts feeling better!
If you guys are interested in getting together for dinner on Friday, give us a call. We'd love to see you while you're up here and catch up....
Have a safe trip and a great time at the reunion!!! Have fun at the lake too!!! I do hope the little ones start feeling better soon - Lauren was not being herself yeterday - not sure if it's ears or teeth coming thru.
I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers on the other things you have going on as well. I know there are times I wish I could blog about things we are dealing with too, but best not to.
Take care!!!
And, when we head down to Riverbanks Zoo (which we will be doing some time soon) - we will have to see about meeting up!!! I think that would be great! We are about an hour and half or so from there.
Big hugs to you, Missy! You're in my thoughts and prayers, hon.
Try to enjoy the vacation!
Post a Comment