I am soooo excited. I was just out in our little garden, and I finally have 2 baby zucchinis growing! We have had tomatoes and strawberries, but my 2 huge zucchini plants have yet to produce anything besides from lots of big flowers, until now.
I know - kinda lame to be so excited, but since I have never grown anything except tomatoes before, it is fun to see something actually growing out there!
Wednesday, July 09, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


17 comments:
You know how excited we were when our garden produced! There is just something about being able to grow your own food. It's powerful.
That's not lame. It IS exciting! Yay!
I can relate! I have several tomatoes and some little tiny bell peppers right now in my flowerbed!
Take some pics!!
I gave up on my tomato plants with this DRY weather... I do have some flowers tough and am super excited about them!!!
Way to go - ENJOY! Kellan
Hey, your excitement is understandable! I remember when I was young, I tried planting some watermelon seed in a pot and I was very excited too when I see something coming up from the soil. It is a wonderful feeling; a feeling of life.
We have tomatoes on the vine- still green but there and watermelon and pumpkins and green beans sprouting. I totally get your enthusiasm....
Ha! I'm pumped about the same thing today. Hooray! I've had tomatoes for awhile, but nothing coming off the zucchini and squash plants. But I watered this morning and alas, a beautiful yellow squash.
Congrats to both of us-i was thinking this day would never come!
Thanks for stopping by my blog! It is nice to meet you! I do not have a green thumb and can never get anything to grow so I don't try. Good for you!
That is so exciting! I love gardening, so I always get excited when something like that happens!
Oh, it's not lame at all. There is something strangely satisfying about growing food yourself. I am horrible in the garden, and even those little cherry tomatoes make me smile. Congrats!
yay! Can't wait to see what you make with your harvest.
Yay to be able to produce food for your family. I think it's exciting. Maybe next year. :) This year totally got away from us.
Regarding the punch - I just threw together ginger ale, cranberry/raspberry juice, and raspberry sorbet.
That's not lame! How exciting! I'm jealous. We didn't have time to get the garden going this year... next time, though. =)
Not lame! I ask my girlfriend for zucchini all of the time!
super exciting!
i wish i could grow a garden, ha! maybe i should shoot for some grass in our back yard first :(
can't wait to hear about more progress!
That is NOT lame. From one gardener to another, I am always excited when stuff is growing. Right now, all I have edible is celery.
*yawn*
Post a Comment