Thursday, July 31, 2008

Vaction Part 3 - Cedar Point and Cleveland Zoo

OK, hopefully this will be the last post about our vacation, as I am sure y'all are sick of hearing about it! ;)

The condo we stayed at on Lake Erie was right across the bay from Cedar Point - my most favorite amusement park EVER. I LOVE roller coasters, and it had been about 6 years since I was there last. My sweet and darling husband let me go, along with a few of his family members, while he stayed behind with the kids. I had an AWESOME time - I love that place! I didn't bring my camera, but I snagged a couple of photos from Ray's mom.

I went on this one (actually I think that is us, going up on the right side) - you go from 0-120 mph in 4 seconds, then straight up and back straight down. The whole ride is over in 12 seconds. CRAZY. Not sure how I liked going so fast so quickly - it was a weird feeling. And the fact that we waited an hour and a half to ride a 12 second ride doesn't quite seem right!





We went on this water ride, in which we got completely soaked. Fun times. I am in the back with my sunglasses on my head.




We went on many other rides as well, but I don't have photos. The Millenium Force is great and I have always liked the Raptor. We also went on several of the older, "lower-thrill" rides which are still a lot of fun.


On Wednesday, my SIL Francy and her daughter, along with my 2 kiddos went to the Cleveland Zoo. I was happy to go, since we get in free with our zoo's membership. It is a really big zoo, and I wish we had more time, we only got to see about 1/2 the zoo. It was also a chilly day, and a bit drizzly, but we still had fun.






Watching the elephants











Hippo












A lion, obviously. :)













The rest of the week for me was just spent relaxing, reading, and lounging by the pool. The long drives in the car with the kids really weren't too bad, although we did decide to break up the ride home over 2 days, stopping in West Virginia for a night.
Looking forward to next year's family "lake" vacation, wherever it may be!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you guys had fun.

Cedar Point? Jeez, I don't think I've been there since I was, like, 16 or something.

I have to admit, your lion photo is much better than mine.

Missy said...

Thanks, you are sweet. :)
It helps that he was posing so nicely.

Cecily R said...

Looks like a fabulous time!!

We recently went to the zoo here. I didn't get any really great shots of the animals like yours. It doesn't help that my battery died a half hour after we got there...

Bren said...

I'm just catching up on all of your vacation posts and pics. Looks like you all had an awesome time!

And thanks for your prayers for my friend. :)

Sherry at the Zoo said...

I've never been there but I hear it's wonderful! Our current favorite roller coaster park is Holiday World in Southern Indiana...one of the cleanest parks around (and all the soft drinks are free!)

Dana said...

the Zoo happenes to be one of my favorite places... I lvoe seeing all of the animals... Glad you had fun!

Anna said...

I have to admit I have never been on a roller coaster or been to Cedar Point...the idea of both scares me to death!