Monday, June 23, 2008

Blah Monday

Feeling a bit blah today.

First off, it is cloudy and very humid. It should rain. It needs to rain, and I want it to rain so that I don't have to water my grass today. But it refuses to rain. Maybe later.

Secondly, this weekend flew by, and we didn't even do much fun. Our good friends are moving, so we spent a good chunk of the weekend helping them out. I did get to shop for a couple of hours with my mom, and I got to work in the yard for a short time. But that's it. Blah.

Third, over the past 2 months, I have only been watching Baby R 2-3 times a week, as her mom had gotten a new job with better hours. The past 2 weeks I have not had her at all. Today, I now have her full-time again - good because I need the money, but bad because it was kinda nice NOT having her here - for mostly silly reasons, like I got to sleep in for an extra half hour, it was easier to go out and run errands, etc. Not that she is a bad kid, she just isn't mine, so it is different, you know?

Fourth, my 10 year high school reunion is in 1 month. I realized that if I am going to lose that extra 10 pounds that I have been carrying all year, I had better get on my horse - so no more pizza and Coke for me. :( It is depressing, but needs to be done.

Blah.

9 comments:

Life As I Know It said...

Blah here today too.
Rainy, thunderstormy type Monday.

I guess if we didn't have 'blah' days then we wouldn't appreciate the 'whatever the opposite of blah is' days.

Amanda-The Family News! said...

Hope you do get some rain! It seems to all go south of us and down your way! They were calling for scattered storms over the weekend here - evidently they were VERY scattered because I never saw any rain -that sucks! It is SUNNY out now but should be CLOUDY!

My 10 year high school reunion was in Oct 05 - I didn't go. I should have, but didn't. I was in THE best shape of my life then too - got pregnant 2 months later and have never seen that shape again... :(
Good luck with the 10 pounds - wish that was all I had to lose!

Anonymous said...

I'm feeling blah today, too.

I hear ya about the "extra weight". I don't think I can get mine all off before the reunion. (LOL) Oh well, I guess I'll be smokin hot at the 20. :)

Anonymous said...

Blah, double blah. Hope it rains today so you can avoid the yard chore, but is sunny with blue skies tomorrow to chase away the blahs. In the meantime, be sure to cook something Italian tonight so you can crack open some good red wine. Adios, blahs.

Dana said...

It is sooo crappy hear today too.. This kind of weather makes me feel the same way!! YUCK! I hope the sun comes out tomorrow.. Hang in there.

Anonymous said...

Missy, sorry you are feeling Blah. I think we all have those days, weeks, months. I know I only start to feel better when the weather gets nice! I hope your modd brightens.

Ashlee said...

My 10 year reunion is in November...I so need to lose more than 10 lbs. I know how you feel. Blah.

Beth from the Funny Farm said...

I'll give you my rain... we have to much. We need sunshine for a few solid days to get the hay off the fields.

Sherry at the Zoo said...

There must be a nation-wide epidemic on the blahs....I had them so bad this weekend it wasn't even funny.

Hopefully things will perk up for you.