Monday, June 09, 2008

This, That, & A Meme


It has been SO hot and dry here, but we finally had a good thunderstorm with lots of rain tonight. Good for the rain, bad because we lost ANOTHER tree in our yard. That makes it 6 trees we have lost due to windy thunderstorms over the past 3 months. This was one of the trees in front though, which makes me sad. :(
***********************************************************
Pooky has discovered his nose. And he won't keep his finger out of it. I tell ya, he is such a BOY.
***********************************************************
We got to swim today! It was lovely. Our new pool is 12 feet across and 3 feet deep - perfect for the kids, and Ray and I can also sit in there comfortably to cool off. I know that pool care can be a hassle, and chemicals are expensive, but with our HOT climate down here, I think that it is definitely worth it.
***********************************************************
Finally, I was tagged by Mandy at Life's About a Dream for this meme. It is like the 8 Random Things Meme, except tweaked to be 8 random things about my kids instead. I think I can do that....

(photo from last Spring. Look how much they have changed!)

1.) Emmy is a big scaredy-cat. She is scared of everything including loud noises, all Disney movies, horses, and her very cool Jeep that she got last summer for her birthday.
2.) Pooky is a body rocker. Every single night, and even at nap time, he rocks his body back and forth, usually hitting his head against his crib for about 5-10 minutes before falling asleep. If he wakes up in the middle of the night, he starts back up. He has done this since he was about 6 months old. I am hoping he grows out of it soon, it is annoying.
3.) Emmy was a very fussy baby. For the first 3 months of her life, I held her with a bottle in her mouth. She didn't usually drink much of the bottle, but she liked to suck on it.
4.) Neither one of my kids would take a pacifier. I tried to get them to, especially fussy Emmy.
5.) Pooky is very attached to us. The one time during the week I leave him is on Sundays at church, and most mornings I end up staying with him in the nursery because he is hysterical. I don't get to hear the sermon very often.
6.) One of Emmy's eyes wanders slightly to the side if she is watching something far away. She sees the pediatric ophthalmologist yearly, starting when she was 2. I forget what the actual term for it was, but right now it isn't getting worse and she seems to have good eye control otherwise, so we'll see what happens as she gets older.
7.) Emmy generally does not like meat. Except hot dogs and bologna, which aren't really meats.
8.) Pooky has a great arm. He can throw toys all the way across the room. This is not exactly a good thing, but he is showing potential to become an awesome baseball player some day.

6 comments:

Andrea said...

So the nose picking begins, huh? ;) Tate discovered his nose too, but we've had to put a stop to his nose picking because he would pick it until it bled!!

Anonymous said...

congrats on the new pool! I know you guys are going to LOVE hanging out in it this summer!

Anonymous said...

LOL On the nose picking, thankfully
we have not had that discover yet.
Hope you are enjoying the pool
i would be happy with weather hot
enough to go outside with a swim
suit on so im actually jealous of
you guys.

Dana said...

i sooo hate the hot & dry weather... It's the worst.. Hopefully it will rain here in NJ soon!!

Anonymous said...

Oh man look at that tree. Poor tree.

Loved the meme about the kids.

On the nose picking - at least it isn't a snack yet. *shudder* I need to break that one and I have no clue as to how to do that. Yuck.

kim said...

Will is a body rocker, too!!! I had to pull his crib away from the wall so it wouldn't bang against it when he rocks.