Thursday, June 26, 2008

Dieting Woes

I am feeling irritable.
Probably because I hate dieting.
Actually, I wouldn't even consider what I am doing "dieting". I am just trying to cut back on how much I eat, not pigging out on snacks between meals. I am still eating "normal" foods, just not as much as I previously would.
It has been about a week. Every night, except last night, I have walked/jogged at least 2 miles. I have been doing stomach crunches, and a little work with the weights for my arms. I am SORE, but was feeling good, knowing that all my hard work and my hungry tummy were for good reason.
So..... when does the skinniness start? Because I am still chubby. I like a quick result. A week's worth of good eating habits and exercising should make me lose about 10 pounds, right??

OK, I am totally kidding, I know that it is going to take a while to lose the weight. But at least I am moving in the right direction. It would be nice if I could at least see a little change though.
But, I could really go for a jumbo bowl of ice cream right now. With chocolate syrup.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Being one who struggles with weight and has since the dawn of time...

Before kids, I lost 30 pounds on Weight Watchers. Loved it and still do. I gained 60+ pounds when I was pregnant with Frick and then lost about 40 doing the nursing mother's part of WW. Unexpectedly became pregnant with Frack and had to quit WW, but only gained 25 lbs (I learned my lesson!) Then, since having Frack in 2006...I packed on some pounds! But...for the last year or so I have been active in Jazzercise and lost 20 pounds again so far. I actually did not see pounds drop for 8 months after regular exercise. Instead, I slowly saw inches coming off. Then the pounds came. Point being...stick with the exercise and limiting portions. You will see a difference in time. The healthy way to loss weight is to do it slowly. Your chances of keeping it off are much better! Man, that was a long comment! Sorry!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I hear ya. I won't even go into my struggles...it'd fill a book.

Keep plugging away, you'll do fine.

Kate said...

Great job on the run/walk! I love running and think it works every time I put on a little bulge (i should just stop bulging) and you'll lose the weight. It takes time. I know it seems like we put it on over night, but we don't. Be patient and keep up the great work.

I used to buy skinny cows and one of them wasn't too bad for you and helped the cravings. But frankly, I can't be trusted with ice cream (soy cream) in the house b/c I'll just eat the whole thing. I'm getting serious again next week so we can commiserate. 28 will be great (and thin)

Danielle said...

You are funny! Hang in there. Just keep in your mind how good you will feel when you reach your goal. There is nothing that tastes as good as that will feel.

Jane Gari said...

I see you and Shawna walking in the neighborhood, and I think that is awesome. It's best to have people to exercise with to help you stick to any plan. I gained 40 pounds with Phoebe. My husband does most of the grocery shopping, so I asked him to help me; his orders were not to bring any crap into the house. If it's not here I won't be tempted when he's at work and I'm alone with the frig. If you ever want to work out I do a "Baby Boot Camp" video every other day- it's a workout specifically designed to lose baby weight. Hang in there.
:)
Jane

Anonymous said...

Who doesn't hate dieting? Will wish you well with it though, good luck loosing those pounds

Sherry at the Zoo said...

Man...it's a life long struggle. I have played the up and down game my whole life. Right now it's UP, so you won't catch any pictures of me on my blog...

Good luck!