Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Kalamazoo!

Most of the laundry is done. I got some sleep. I went grocery shopping. I just finished reading 300 blog posts in my blog reader and even commented on a bunch. I haven't uploaded pictures yet, but here is the vacation recap!

It was a good time! When we go up to Michigan, I try really hard to meet up with as many friends and family that I can, since we don't get up there too often. And even though I got to see lots of people, I wish I had a few extra days to see more. We did rent a car this time, so that I could easily drive all around to visit people and go shopping (thank you economic stimulus check).
I did get to see some friends from high school who I have not seen in at least 8 years, which was AWESOME. I had dinner with Mandy S and talked baby, and I also went out with 4 of my bestest friends from high school, Mandy K, Kate, Kelly, and Janelle. We stayed out way too late (well, by my standards) and had way too much to drink (again, by my standards - I RARELY drink). But I had a blast, and I have never laughed so hard in my life.
I got to visit with my grandma and aunt who I have not seen in a couple of years, which was nice. Saturday evening was a beautiful wedding of an old family friend. Had fun dancing (I can't dance. Really. No one in my family can. I did anyway.)
We did go up to Gun Lake, and although the weather was nice for June in Michigan, it wasn't exactly beach weather. Emmy had a ton of fun playing with her cousin, Sophia and Ray's cousin Libby. I got to go shopping at all the same old stores I grew up shopping at, got to eat at old favorite restaurants, got in a quick visit with my good friends Andrea and Mike.
The airplane rides with Pooky were awful. He screamed bloody murder for the last 30 minutes coming home, with is SO upsetting, I could NOT calm him down, he was flailing his arms and legs, arching his back, he was MAD. I will not be flying with him again until he is a bit older, that's for sure. Emmy was an angel. She was very well behaved the whole trip, and she spent lots of time with Wama Tunu (Ray's mom).
Overall, a great week, I am sure I am forgetting some stuff, I will do pictures tomorrow (hopefully).

7 comments:

Life As I Know It said...

Sounds like a good time (despite the flights with Pooky).

Danielle said...

It soudns like you had a wonderful and relaxing trip- minus the last half hour of the flight. I am nervous to fly with Eliza- but we might be planning a trip.

Kate said...

Sounds like you had a blast, and that is so great that you got to catch up with all those people. I haven't seen many of them since 7th grade, but I still remember all the names and would probably recognize the faces. That's so awesome!

Glad you had fun, and sorry Pooky had trouble on the plane. Poor guy, it was probably his poor little ears, but still...I bet yours hurt in a different way pretty quickly.

Toni said...

Welcome home! So glad it was a good week...sorry about the bad flights!

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

Despite the ride, it sounds FAB. WELCOME HOME!

Jodi said...

It always seems like after a vacation is when I most need a vacation!

So happy you made it back safe and sound with so many fun memories for you and the kids! Looking forward to your vacation pictures!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a wonderful trip. I do not envy your flight experience with Pook, but otherwise sounds great!