Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Excerpts from my Life

It s a busy week, but one of those busy weeks of doing nothing. A few blurbs from my life:


I took the kids outside after dinner a couple of nights ago, thinking they could just run around the driveway and ride their bikes while I watered the flowers and swept the sidewalk. Pooky was fine, he kept himself busy, but Emmy was following me around, asking questions, stealing my broom, etc. I was getting frustrated with her, since I was just trying to quickly get some work done, and I said, "Emmy, can't you just go play with your brother? Go ride your bike, or something."
Her cute little face fell, and she started crying. "But I don't want to play, I just want to help you!"

How is that for a bad mommy moment?? I felt awful, so hugs were in order, and I found another broom so that she could help. She was just so happy to be helping me... such a sweet girl!
**************************************************************************
Pooky's vocabulary is exploding right now - it is so fun to hear his "words". He is even putting words together, like "go bye-bye" and "Daddy hat". This morning he was playing with a small plastic dinosaur, and he ran up to me, grinned, pointed the dinosaur at me and said "Rawr!". Then ran away. So funny!
**************************************************************************
Quote of the Day:
"Emmy, get your fork out from between your toes." ~ me

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

We've all done that before. Sometimes we just want to get it done and all they want to do is help.

Love the quote at the end. I think I have used that one before. :)

trudesign said...

That is really cute, I can see her sad face with her bottom lip out. :) Miss you guys.

Kellan said...

I have had a few of these "bad mommy moments" myself!

Hope you had a good day - Kellan

Anonymous said...

I think I have a bad mommy moment daily...well maybe weekly.

:)

Dana said...

you can't feel bad.... It happens.. Just remember that you are a great Mommy.. We all have moments...

Beth from the Funny Farm said...

Even though most of the time it is easier to do it ourselves, by ourselves... remember that hard-workers are made not born!

:-) Sounds like your having a good week! We all have those "bad mommy" moments. Don't be to hard on yourself.

CJ Sweet said...

Hi, I found your blog through Mandy's. You mentioned a chocolate zucchini cake recipe and also zucchini pie with cheese in a crust. Can I just say..YUM! Would you mind sharing the recipes with someone you don't really know? I would be soooo appreciative! Thanks!

Amanda-The Family News! said...

oh my gosh - how do you get Pooky to entertain himself while outside??? Avery is 21 months and RUNS EVERYWHERE so no being outside without being right behind him.
I love the vocabulary explosions too - we are dealing with it also - such fun and SO cute!! They just say the funniest things!! Watch for my 21 month Avery post coming up!

Missy said...

Pooky loves to ride his tricycle, or rather, scoot himself around on it. We also have several toy cars and trucks out in the garage that he plays with. He occasionally runs out of the garage and into the driveway, but he usually doesn't go far - plus I was right there, so he will stick around. :)

Anonymous said...

*L* Love the quote. That pretty much sums it up.

kim said...

Ah the things we never imagined we'd be saying to our kids.

I find myself being short with Lauren lately over her wanting to "help" me. I'm working on it.