Friday, June 13, 2008

Photostory Friday - Reading Together


Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek

I am so happy to be participating in Photostory Friday this week - I love a theme! The deal is to post a picture that I took, then tell about it - easy enough. Here we go ~

I caught the 3 little ones (my 2, plus Baby R who I keep during the day) quietly sitting together reading up on Emmy's bed. Amazing. For 5 whole minutes, the three of them just sat, and read. I just sat back, and enjoyed the silence....

Then, just like that, it was over. Pooky stole Baby R's book, she cried, I intervened, jumping on the bed ensued, I made them stop, Emmy got mad..... oh, the joys of mommyhood.


20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the quiet, don't you? Unfortunately I don't get very much...during the day at least! Cute pic, btw.

Sherry at the Zoo said...

So sweet! Aren't you glad you caught that memory? I still remember the day I walked in and found my oldest two sitting in their bassinet of stuffed animals playing sweetly together. It was such a shock!

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

I am SO stinking impressed they sit there so nicely. Mine won't sit for longer than 2 minutes. I'm glad you added how it ended, else I'd be sending mine your way. :)

Thanks so much for playing PSF - this was awesome Missy!!

Toni said...

That is so cute! Books are just the best thing to give our children!

Anonymous said...

So sweet. It is not often that they get the idea to do something good from each other!

Amanda-The Family News! said...

That is too cute!!! I love to catch Avery being quiet and looking thru a book - makes me feel like I will have a smart child!!!

United Studies said...

Very cute! I love when my daughter sits quietly and reads to herself for a few minutes.

Upward Falling Autumn said...

How awesome to catch a moment like that!

Anonymous said...

Love the photo!

Don Mills Diva said...

If only you could freeze moments like that...

Great shot!

Kellan said...

That is one of those pictures that will be a family heirloom - how adorable.

Take care - see you soon. Kellan

Cecily R said...

Five minutes in kid time is like four days in big people time! That's impressive!!

And I love LOVE the shot. They just look so peaceful. So what if it didn't last. You captured it so you have proof that it exists!

LOVE that you are playing PSF with us!

Unknown said...

Oh LOL, I can relate! 5 minutes of silence is extremely impressive!

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

Cute "moment of silence" picture.

Anonymous said...

I looooove moments like this!
Thanks for sharing.

Anna said...

Aww, such a cute picture! I hope you enjoyed the moment while it lasted!

Rebecca (Ramblings by Reba) said...

Ahhh... so you had a peaceful reading feeling? :)

Anonymous said...

*L* Isn't it amazing how it can go from 0 to 60 in the blink of an eye?! But oh when those "0" moments happen it is enough to spoil a momma. Very cute picture.

Kate said...

They look so cute!!

kim said...

at least you captured the quite moment before the chaos.