Friday, July 11, 2008

Photostory Friday

PhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecilyand MamaGeek

My entry for this week's photostory is several photos....

Because nothing says summer like.....

The ice cream truck!
We were just finishing dinner when the truck sang its way down our street. Emmy jumped up from her chair and begged Daddy to let her go out there....
Of course Ray couldn't say no to his darling little girl!
I love the smiles on their faces as they bring back their prizes...

A snowcone for Pooky/Daddy and a Powerpuff Girls ice cream pop for Emmy

Oh, the snowcone goodness

Then, they switched treats. Cuz you have to share.

mmmmmm, looks tasty.

Of course after all of the ice cream fabulousness was gone, a run through the sprinkler was in order to clean up.

One more reason why I LOVE summer...

24 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have never experienced an ice cream truck. The other day we were out though and heard one. The Husband actually ran inside to get his wallet just in case. And wouldn't you figure he went down the main street next to us but didn't see The Husband waving. Ah well. Perhaps there will be a next time.

I love the pictures. Perfectly summer.

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

Isn't THAT the truth. I would love a lovely memory like that.

Only I loathe our ice cream truck. He ONLY comes around at naptime and awakens my son. Every time.

$#@$#@%#$^&*&*$!

Bren said...

Indeed a reason to love summer!

I miss having an ice cream truck in our neighborhood.

Amanda-The Family News! said...

I loved when the ice cream truck would come around!! This one looks like the ice cream van?? Where's the old half falling apart truck???

Andrea said...

How fun...I love this part of summer too - you can eat cold treats and not be freezing after you're done them! hehe. :)

Anonymous said...

Good times! In our neighborhood, the ice cream truck always seems to come right before dinner. Grrr. And still I have trouble saying no sometimes.

Cecily R said...

I don't think we have an icecream man around our new neighborhood...where we used to live we had one that made me bonkers because they just parked in our complex parking lot waiting for the kids to start hounding parents for dollars.

Yours looks nice. And your photos capture summer beautifully!

Susie said...

I want to come live there. Wow! You make getting all sticky seem so fun. Those pictures are fantastic! The snow cone is a favorite in this house for sure. Our ice cream man comes at very strange times during the day (at least 3 times a day-no lie) and my neighbors are convinced he is selling more than just ice cream. If you know what I mean;)

Danielle said...

We always had a guy who pushed his little cart around the neighborhood. It was kinda cool and I bought ice every once in a while. No ice cream truckas where I live now!

Anna said...

I used to be scared of the ice cream truck that would drive around my neighborhood. It was always so shady looking...

Kmommy said...

Oh yes! The ice cream truck! :) yay! Of course my kids probably won't experience the ice cream truck :( living in too small of a town. Glad to see they still have the power puff girls bars! My 11-yr old still talks about them from when she was 5 and got to get one from an ice cream truck :)

Robyn said...

Those are great. The peeps we have driving around in the ice cream trucks here kind of frighten me. Looks like your kiddos had a blast.

Anonymous said...

Wow you just brought me back to childhood! I loved when my parents would let us get an ice cream from the truck! My favorite was Pac-Man that tasted like sherbet. :-)

United Studies said...

Ice cream trucks are great, and my favorite is always the sno cone. :-)

Sarah Brooks said...

I love the face dive into the snow cone on Emmy's part! Gotta love summer!

Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings said...

Great shots. What a blast!

The ice cream truck in our neighborhood always turns before our house.

Oh well...his ice cream is probably awful anyhow. *sigh*

Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings said...

By the way, my son is about your sons age...20 months

Dana said...

gotta love the ice cream man in the summer!!

Anonymous said...

Summertime fun at it's best!

Cool treats and sweet eats... what could be better?!

Enjoy your summer ;)

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

I love me some good summer treats to beat the heat. Great photos!

Anonymous said...

This really makes me miss the 1 day a year the ice cream truck actually comes to visit my college.

Anonymous said...

Not fair now you have given the pregnant lady a craving for snow cone.

You know the ice cream van comes all year round here (Scotland) , even in the middle of winter :)

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh...the look of pure bliss on her face is priceless!

junglemama said...

What a good mommy. I never let the kids get ice-cream from the ice-cream truck. Probably because I'd drop 20 buck each time. :)