Friday, June 27, 2008

Photostory Friday - Bowls of Money


Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek

A couple of months ago, we emptied Emmy's piggy bank which had been collecting our loose change for years. I used the very full pig as her first "lesson" on money. We divided her coins into 4 separate bowls then wrapped them to take to the bank.

I took the photo because I wanted to remember how cute she was that day, carefully putting each coin into the correct bowl, calling the dimes "diamonds", and her amazement over how much money her little piggy had accumulated.

A few days later we went to the bank and deposited $19.00 in her savings account. She proudly handed the rolls of coins to the bank teller all by herself.

Love it.

19 comments:

Cecily R said...

I love the look on her face and the diamonds...SO GREAT!

Perfect PSF entry!!!

Head Gaggler said...

Oh how cute is that face! What a wonderful idea.

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

Oh yeah, now THAT's a lesson alright. I sense a CPA career is in her future. Oh how I love that look on her face. SO cute and so sassy! Thanks for playing again Missy!

Anonymous said...

Awesome activity! Darling picture!

Anonymous said...

I just love that picture! Emmy's getting so grown up!

Anonymous said...

She looks SO PROUD of herself! Very sweet!

Alex @ I'm the Mom said...

Oh that is wonderful! Congrats on her first lesson in money. She looks so happy and proud lol.

United Studies said...

We have started a piggy-bank for our daughter, and now every day she asks us if we have some money for her.

Anonymous said...

And now she knows what happens when she saves money. I hope it's a lesson that stays in her head.

The Apron Queen said...

It's amazing how fast that change adds up, isn't it?! :D

Pop over & see my interview with a diva, Miss Dragonfly: http://anapronaday.blogspot.com/2008/06/interview-with-miss-dragon-fly.html

Andrea said...

haha...I LOVE her expression! It is so cute...and I can just imagin how proud she was about her $19!! :)

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

Great story. Cute all mine money picture.

Anonymous said...

Wow. She has more money than I do! Great for teaching her about saving.

melissa rohr said...

sweet :)

that is really funny, zoe calls dimes diamonds too!

tell her good job on saving so much money!!

Susie said...

i like diamonds! great picture!

Danielle said...

yay! What a great lesson/ acticity. I can't wait to take my jug o money to the coinstar. It is alwasy so exciting.

Robyn said...

What a great idea. It is so important these days.

Bren said...

What a great lesson for her. I LOVE that look on her face.

Rebecca (Ramblings by Reba) said...

That is so awesome! I remember when I opened my first savings account... Ahhh...